Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fuzzy Head, Fuzzy Hair

Daily Outfit for Thursday, June 9, 2011

Work is aggravating the crud out of me.  I’m so focused on work that I’m fuzzy headed about everything else and as a result, I’m finding it hard to concentrate on the more important things, like what to wear.  Today was the worst so far; I absolutely could not focus on my outfit this morning.  I had several possible outfits in mind; I just didn’t want to wear any of them.  I ended up in this instead:

This pose cracks me up.  I look like I'm trying to sell someone a concrete retaining wall.


Don’t get me wrong, I like it.  And really, I’m starting to think that I do some of my best dressing when I’m tired or preoccupied.  I mean, today’s outfit (blue vintage skirt (thrifted) with a red and white bow blouse (v. old via Ross) and red wedges (Nordstrom)) is pretty darned flattering (thanks, A-line skirt!) in spite of the fact that I threw it together in about two minutes. 

Also, I didn’t brush my hair again today.  You know what they say; fuzzy head, fuzzy hair (it's a real thing, trust me).

Happy Thursday, All!

Gracey

15 comments:

  1. I think it is very flattering when you let your curls be a little wilder, like today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your hair and your outfit! I would TOTALLY buy a concrete retaining wall from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look straight out of the 50s in this outfit and i like it!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Item A: Your hair is delightful when you let it out to play.
    Item B: I would buy the jing jang (Yeah, I don't know what that means either...) out of that wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful! You have such a great figure, and that outfit really shows it off. Also, lovely hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is fantastic!! The skirt is so flattering on you and I love the blue color. Also love how the wedges match your top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a pretty stellar outfit for a last-minute, fuzzy-headed throw-together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Buy the sidewalk and you get THIS WALL FREE! ABSOLUTELY FREE!" BTW, I love this shirt almost as much as I love that first pose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok - not fair! I threw something together yesterday and it really was not my fav! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC! I love that skirt on you and the '50s vibe is so flattering. Gorgeous lady! Sorry about work - it is making me fuzzy today too. So THAT is why my hair looks this way.... good to know! Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES, this skirt is so beautiful on you. and i love it with this red-ish top. i love these pieces together. i think you should definitely put together outfits when distracted and tired :)

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. your curls are lovely! 2. I totally dig your outfit - you rock it, girl! 3. What is your sales line for this concrete wall? Something like: "Look at it this way, when you buy this completely unadorned concrete wall for the measly sum of just 2000 bucks, you can let your imagination run wild and paint it in different, phantastic colours.. your creative juices will just flowwwww!" LOL - Lola

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).