Thursday, October 13, 2011

Two Dollar Oscar

The amazing Sal of Already Pretty periodically posts about looking to thrift stores to score a season’s top trends.  She is absolutely right (but you knew that).  One of the big colors for this fall is emerald and a couple of weeks ago I thrifted this emerald blouse.  And then it photographed teal:



You’ll have to trust me that it is, in fact, emerald.  It’s also vintage silk Oscar de la Renta and I got it for a mere two dollars.  I paired it with navy cropped pants (Banana Republic), my new tasseled booties (Seychelles “Clue” via Nordstrom) and a few gold bangles (thrifted, Nordstrom and Banana Republic).

Emerald is not a color I usually gravitate towards and actually wasn’t even on my list of trends I wanted to try this fall.  But, I think this blouse is lovely and for two dollars, why not give it a shot?

Today’s Takeaway?  Listen to Sal.  And try thrift stores to get current trends for less.

Also, today is Thursday and Thursday's are for thrifters, so I've linked up with other thrifters over at Spunky Chateau.

Happy Thursday, Everyone!
Gracey

16 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful blouse! What a steal for $2!! Love it paired with navy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful. I like your hair down like that and that color is great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracie, thank you for the kind shout-out! And I'm amazed by your find - emerald, silk, De la Renta, and $2? Quadruple score!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, and a total steal! I recently thrifted an emerald green velvet frock coat, which is going to be a challenge to style, but it's just such a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emerald looks beautiful on you. Don't you hate it when colors just don't photograph properly?

    Kelsey
    charmingpumpkin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. $2.00!! WHAT!! Girl you scored big! You look beautiful in that color. It really brings out your face and hair. Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAB! And it's definitely emerald on my screen, and it looks lovely on you. What a wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that was such a nice score! love it when you can find a designer item, in your size, in a great color, and for pennies!!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks emerald on my screen! I like it paired with the navy pants A LOT.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. THE SLEEVES ARE LONG ENOUGH. I have that problem with EVERY vintage shirt I thrift so I am floored that this one, you know, fits. I bet it is a killer emerald color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Gorgeous! I've never found an Oscar at a thrift but found an elegant black coat yesterday. I kept looking for flaws or something that would have made someone give it up,but found nothing. I love thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg silk emerald... heavenly!!

    <3 steffy

    http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see it emerald! Lucky you, what a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this top is such a great color on you!!! and i like how you wore cropped pants and those fab shoes!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - awesome score for $2! And, haha, I hate it when that happens (I can never photograph my pale pale denim button down and my white pants always look like they're shining in the photos) so I feel your pain, girl!!!
    Also, your shoes are amazing, seriously, I'm drooling...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cannot believe you got an Oscar de la Renta for $2...pretty amazing. Thanks for linking up!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).