Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Eclectic Jungle

Folks?  I think this might be one of my favorite outfits ever.  Ever:



I mean, sure, it’s a lot, but I think that’s part of what I like about it.  Well, that and the fact that it includes a lot of my favorite pieces.  Take the blouse, for example; it’s kitschy and it makes me ridiculously happy.  The skirt, in spite of it’s tricky length, is also one of my favorites.  And the blazer, which is new to my closet, was love at first sight.  It looks like polka dots in these photos, but they're actually diamonds:


And wearing these pieces all together?  I’m not sure it could get any better.  I especially like that I was able to winterize the blouse (vintage, thrifted) and this skirt (vintage, thrifted) with the addition of the blazer (vintage 80s Ann Taylor, thrifted).  I wore both the blouse and the skirt quite a few times last summer, but they’re very lightweight.  Adding the blazer and the tights (Spanx) definitely made them comfortable for winter.  And I added oxblood pumps (Naya “Jada” via Nordstrom), just because.

I also added my vintage lion earrings even though we all know lions don’t live in the jungle (they live in the Serengeti):


And some bangles:


Oh, and my owl belt snuck in there too, but I forgot to get a picture.

All in all, I’m not sure that this should work and I’m not even sure it did work, but I know I love it.

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

19 comments:

  1. I love this outfit too, Gracey! I can't believe you found a blazer that amazing! It totally does look like the pattern on it is polka dotted-- the diamonds are a surprise!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh wow. Everything about this is great. The little splash of red in the blouse might be my favorite part. But the blazer and skirt are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah the pattern mixing here is phenomenal! I love the print of the blouse and the bangles are so funky! Don't you just love it when outfits come together so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blazer! Oh, you're so lucky it was on your coast and you found it first otherwise I would've snatched that up. I've been questing for a blazer so hard.

    Also, this soooo works. I love it on you. It's exactly the right kind of eclectic! The geometric + floral combo is just so shibby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the jewelry and blazer. The variation on polka dots is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha YES! it works! I can see why you love this outfit (btw isn't it so nice when we come up with something that we really, really like?) because all the pieces are super flattering on you! I love that blazer, especially - so cool that it's mini-diamonds that look like polka dots! And the blouse and skirt are both beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure think it works! I especially love the blazer and the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing shoes, and i love how it all comes together so well :)

    Xo,
    steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bow before your pattern-mixing prowess. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, that blazer! It's gorgeous!

    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this TOTALLY works. A favorite outfit for yours for me, DEFINITELY! Love the pattern mixing that almost doesn't seem like pattern mixing cause it's so fucking perfect. And those mary janes have captured my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing combination of beautiful patterns. Love the vintage earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Your outfit is so fun and I love all prints, patterns and the fun bracelets.

    Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. this outfit is a combination of fun with sass! just like you dear gracey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So stunning! I love every single piece of this outfit, and all of them together? - Wow!
    You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love the print on your top and those adorable shoes! Thanks for linking up with Thursdays are for Thrifters!
    -Meagan
    www.brassinpocketblog.com
    (formerly Spunky Chateau)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the mix of patterns and hints of red You look like a stylish librarian!

    Styleropa
    http://stylerop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).