Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ladies Who Lunch, and Mix Patterns, in Funky Town


This outfit felt a little “ladies who lunch” to me.  Well, a little “ladies who lunch and mix patterns”:



Which I’m pretty sure isn’t a thing but maybe should be because it’s kind of an amusing concept.  I like the idea of taking a rather serious piece, such as this silk-lined checkered jacket (vintage, thrifted with Kelsey) and pairing it with a semi-serious piece such as this polka dot bow blouse (Old Navy) because together, they’re a little less serious, a little more funky. 

I also wore my mauve skirt (vintage, thrifted), black tights (Spanx) and black wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime).  Again, the skirt could be a little staid, but the tights and booties help steer the outfit towards Funky Town.  Even if it just stops for a fill up and some beef jerky at the Funky Town Gas n’ Save.

What about you, Dear Readers?  Do you like to lunch in Funky Town or do you live there year round?

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

18 comments:

  1. I like your formula! :P I don't stop in funky town too often, although I did today -- I had a clothing shortage this morning, so my ensemble is slightly bizarre!

    www.thatzannigirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is DA BOMB. Seriously, I love the perfectly matched patterned and unpatterned mauves under the tptally not matchy jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love that your skirt and blouse match! I love pattern mixing but I'm also a sucker for the matchy matchy style :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way that this looks. I would have never have thought to put them together, and it works! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this LWL meets funkytown mashup. Fantastic. I applaud you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm pretty sure i live in funkytown year round. i like how you mixed it up gracey girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how well that blouse and thrifted skirt match. A gift of the thrifty gods. Oh, and they have beef jerky in the Funky Town Gas N Sip, I am SO THERE!

    www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gracey, just had a look around your blog. I believe I found you by a reply you left on Terri's blog. I think your style is just terrific along with your sense of humor! I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this outfit, and I love the idea of Funky Town lunches. I am a Lady Who Lunches and Sometimes Doesn't Go Back to Work : >

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have two similar jackets I've labeled "grandma jackets" because they remind me of the proper clothes my maternal grandmother wore to church, always with pearls. This whole combination is very fresh, and I am an absolute fool for bow-tie blouses. I need to get to Funky Town lunch more often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's a Funky Town going on in my head, but I don't think it has ever materialized successfully...literally and figuratively.

    Your post's title made me laugh! I like your skirt paired with the blouse...they almost look like they could be one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this outfit! The booties + tights look is totally great on you. Polka dots, too... just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I personally think I only spend some time in Funky Town but most people probably think I'm there all day every day. It's amazing that the skirt and shirt aren't a set because their colours match exactly! This outfit looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I saw this outfit of yours i thought what a long way you've gone in style. I bet you wouldn't wear something like that and pull it off so nicely when you first started to blog.Am i right? Excellent outfit and so much your style i think.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd go to lunch with you in this outfit! It is sedate and challenging at the same time. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).