Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Drop It Like It's Hot

I'm not usually a fan of drop-waist dresses as they tend to hug my tummy more closely than I am comfortable with.  But, then eShakti went and made a drop-waist dress and it was so cute that I hemmed and I hawed and then I bought it:



And I'm glad I did because I just love it; I love the flouncy hem, and the color and the abstract print. And I went up a size so that it skims my belly instead of trying to get all handsy with it.

I honestly think that sizing up made all the difference in the world; I was completely comfortable in this all day:

Dress: eShakti  Vest: Old Navy  Sandals: Jeffrey Campbell

I paired it with a cargo vest for a cooler morning and come fall and winter will add more and more layers.

I'm trying to get better about buying clothes that can be worn all year long, especially if I buy them retail and not at a thrift store. And I think this dress is perfect for that.  It's great for summer and think it'll be great in the dead of winter layered with tights, boots and a blazer.

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

Get the Look