Although I really, really enjoyed all of the books I read last month (seriously, I recommend them all), I was most sartorially inspired by In Zanesville, by Jo Ann Beard:
As I said on Sunday, this book was absolutely wonderful. I didn't grow up in Indiana in the 70s, but this book made me wish I had, if only to be friends with the two main characters. Seriously, the narrator, and her best friend, Flea, were the type of girls I absolutely would have wanted to be friends with in high school. They bond over corny jokes, favorite words and clothes.
In fact, clothing is so important to them that they take what has to be the worst babysitting job ever (EVER!) over the summer in order to put clothes on layaway for the school year. And what did they put on layaway? Oh, just awesome items like culottes and sweater vests:
I mean, if any book were tailor-made for me for this challenge, it's this one. I love culottes and sweater vests!
Although, I think the colors on my sweater vest are more 80s than 70s:
Wrong decade or no, I'm just happy to have read this book and happy it inspired this outfit:
And now it's your turn, Reader Friends. If you've got an outfit to share, please link up below:
Happy Tuesday, All!
Gracey
