Monday, September 24, 2012

Easy, Colorful and Pants-y


It’s still Pants Weather here in Oregon, so I’m still wearing pants:




(Shop the Look**: Polka dot pants, I couldn't find a similar blouse, but I love the idea of using this striped scarf to create a similar look with a plain blouse, mustard cardigan and blue wedge sandals)

I wear these pants a lot.  I think they are, outside of a couple of pairs of shoes, the single item that I wore the most this summer.  Which is good.  I am trying to be more conscientious about buying clothes I will wear instead of clothes I could wear.  And I don’t just mean something I’ll wear once either; I want to have clothes that I can and will wear multiple times.

In addition to the oft-worn pants (LOFT), I also wore what’s rapidly become an oft-worn blouse (vintage via Vintage by the Pound).  I can’t seem to resist this blouse, because well, stripes and a bow, people, stripes and a bow.  I added a yellow cardigan (via my Mom), blue wedges (Franco Sarto, thrifted) and a few bracelets to complete the look.

And I liked it quite a bit; it was easy, colorful and pants-y; which is perfect for a Monday.  Especially this Monday.  I did master the Peter Pan in pole dancing class yesterday, but I am very sore and physically tired today.  Luckily I’m not back to working out until Jazzercise tomorrow.

How about you, Reader Friends?  How was your weekend?

Gracey

P.S. Sorry for the photo quality, we took them at a later time than usual and I was too tired (lazy) to figure out the lighting.


** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for it's writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

17 comments:

  1. I can see why these pieces are in heavy rotation, Gracey - bright and lovely combination!

    Congrats on your Peter Pan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty blouse and quasi-tie. You've got great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this pattern mixing. You find the best vintage items:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photo quality? Shoot lady, your pics look better than mine on a good day! ;o)

    I love love love that blouse. I can see why you adore it - the fit, colors and pattern is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG all that teal makes me so happy, combined with a bow tie and Loft print pants, it may be too much. Nah :)

    Um, Gracey, awesome lighting; you look like you're in inside a terrarium at dusk. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just totally smiled out loud (can you do that)! lol Love this outfit. Great mixing of prints and you are just too cute. I need pants like this in my life. Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, Gracey....you are always adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this outfit! Those pants are awesome, and the vintage top totally makes the outfit. Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure which I'm more intrigued by, the outfit or the pole dancing class.
    You're so super cute Gracey...always looking forward to reading what's new with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute outfit!! I love the mix of prints and the sunshiney pop of the yellow sweater!
    As the queen of Klutzlvania I am forbidden to pole dance. Because it would definitely involve an ambulance and casts at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are many times the only person that I can imagine pulling off certain pairs of pants without looking like a complete tool. Writing that makes it seem like a passive-aggressive snark-fest, but I mean it in the best of ways. You make these pants look adorable and completely reasonable, but I can picture them on me and it is a hellacious view. I bow before you, as you are clearly the Goddess of Fantastic Vintage, rather than the oft-seen Blogger Princess of Twee Hipster Annoyance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such a sunny and warm smile :) Love the pants and the striped bow blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this fun look. that shirt is one of my favorites of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love mixing prints and you do it so well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gasp! I have those pants!! I've worn them a few times, but never on the blog. I'll have to get them in a post up soon. Yay, pants twin!!

    xo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  16. That shirt makes me happy - those are some jazzy stripes! Add in the fun printed pants, yellow cardi and blue shoes and it's perfection. Yay for pants weather!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the shirt, too! this is such a fun mix of prints!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).