Tuesday, June 24, 2014

T3: The Secret Garden

First, let me say that I know that T3 happens the Third Thursday of the month and today is not Thursday.  But, I had a hard time with this month's challenge.  Instead of being inspired by what we're currently reading, we were supposed to create an outfit based on our favorite childhood book.  And this was hard for me.  Not because I didn't read as a child; I read all the time.  No, it was hard because I don't really do favorites.  I don't have a favorite color, a favorite book, a favorite food or a favorite author.

So, instead of trying to figure what book was my favorite, I tried to remember what book was one of my favorites.  I loved The Black Cauldron series, I loved Black Beauty, I loved Heidi and I loved The Secret Garden.


Such a great book.  I read it repeatedly as a child and loved it every single time.

And, it's the perfect inspiration behind today's outfit:



Dress: vintage, thrifted  Cardigan: Modcloth  Sandals: Nordstrom Rack  Belt: Gap

I found this vintage floral dress  at Goodwill about a month ago and have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to wear it.  I think a T3 challenge inspired by The Secret Garden constitutes the perfect opportunity.

I mean, look at this print:


I'm not sure any of those are flowers you'd find in an actual garden, but it sure works for this challenge.

Actually, I'd argue that this dress just works, period.  I mean, buttons and pockets and the midi length and that wonderful print.  I was pretty thrilled when I thrifted this one.


So, yeah, I'm late to the T3 Link Party, but I'm wearing a fabulous dress.  Surely that counts for something.

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

Get the Look
ModCloth cardigan
Similar sandals (save, splurge)
Similar belt