Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Literary Stylings #13: Spy Game

As I mentioned on Saturday, I only finished one book in July, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy:



It was a pretty good book and I thought it made for an easy Literary Stylings.  I mean, it's one book, it's about spies; just dress like a spy, right?

Well, the truth of the matter is that it's too damned hot to dress like a spy.  I mean, can you imagine wearing a trench with a turned up collar and a fedora in August?  Ugh.  No.

And then I remembered my sleeveless trench and, et voila, problem solved:




Even these sleeveless layers were pretty warm, but I liked the color combination of the navy, rust and gray:



Although, now that I think about it, I guess I could maybe have gone the Tailor-of-Panama-spy route and worn something like a guayabera & a Panama hat.  But, no, that's a different John Le Carre book and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy takes place in London, not the tropics.

So, really a trench coat (and rust heels) were my only choice:



What about you, Reader Friends?  What did you read in July?  And did it spark any outfit ideas?  If so, please share your looks below:




Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

Get the Look