I honestly can’t imagine a fall without these boots:
![]() |
| Boots: Born Crown "Sosie" (similar) Top: LOFT Skirt: Old Navy Tights: Spanx |
Or a winter. Or most
of spring.
Now, before you cringe and unfollow me over the wearing of
black with brown, please allow me to explain.
I know a lot of people are against pairing black with brown, but I am rather for it. Especially when worn with a “bridging” color, like blue. What’s a bridging color, you ask? Well, it’s a term I made up, as one does, to describe a color that helps bridge the gap between two other colors.
Like this sweater is doing with the skirt and the boots:
![]() |
| This is a picture of me explaining why this outfit works; I'm demonstrating the gap I'm bridging with blue. |
Just black and brown together looks fine to my eye, but I
can admit that if I had worn a black top with this, the brown boots would have looked
out of place. And then you totally could
have left in a huff, vowing never to return until I got my act together and
stopped mixing neutrals.
But the blue, especially a printed blue, helps tie the brown in. Because it’s a bridging color. See?
Hooray for made up terms! And boots! Yay, boots!
Happy Tuesday, All!
Gracey





