Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Style Imitating Art: Spring

I finally got my act together and was able to participate in Style Imitating Art.  This week's inspiration, as chosen by Jess, of Animated Cardigan, was this stained glass window:



It is, appropriately, titled "Spring" and was designed by John La Farge.  Gorgeous, right?


As soon as I saw it, I knew I needed something blue and floral.  Luckily for me, I have something blue and floral:





I thought this print and color of this vintage dress was perfect for the challenge:



And, of course, it's not warm enough for a dress alone, so I added an olive jacket, some blue tights and ankle boots.

Dress: vintage, thrifted (similar)   Jacket: LOFT
Belt: thrifted (similar) Tights: Target  Boots: Lucky Brand (similar)

Are the blue tights perhaps a bridge too far?  Short answer, no.  Long answer, I figured that blue tights were better than having blue legs.  From the cold.  Because it's freezing.


Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey