Thursday, March 5, 2015

Big Ol' Blogger

I took a bit of a risk with this outfit, pairing a voluminous cape with a voluminous circle skirt:



The prevailing logic is that you're supposed to pair bulky pieces with slim pieces, but, I just didn't feel like it.  I wanted to wear my big ol' cape with a big ol' skirt and I didn't give a heck if it made me look like a big ol' blogger.



And, honestly, I just don't think it's that bad.  I felt great in this outfit.


With or without the cape, this outfit is just right up my sartorial alley:




I mean, it's a vintage circle skirt, a vintage cape and a turtleneck:

Cape: vintage, thrifted (save, splurge)  Turtleneck: LL Bean, thrifted (similar)
Belt: Michael Kors (similar)   Skirt: vintage, thrifted (similar)
Boots: Sole Society

So, yeah, if this is what a big ol' blogger looks like, I'll be that.  I'll be that all day long.


Happy Thursday, All!

Gracey