Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weecap: March 19th and 20th

A weekend in which Gracey finally finds a dye pot (hooray!) while thrifting, goes to a rather raucous happy hour with friends, and has a slumber party with Jenny and Lori.

Saturday, March 19th

I don't know why, but I was determined to wear a maxi dress today:





Like many of my outfit ideas, I have to wait for the right circumstances to wear them.  Maxi skirts/dress are not great for riding bikes in, so I wanted to wait for the weekend.   When the weather Saturday got up to about 50 degrees and no rain, I thought it was the perfect opportunity.  And I actually rather liked how it turned out.  I wore my grey/white striped maxi (Gap) under my chambray tunic (Old Navy).  Maxi dresses always feel a little bohemian to me, so I went heavy on the bangles including wood to pick up the brown belt (Old Navy) and boots (Kenneth Cole Reaction), and blue snake to pick up the chambray tunic, the scarf (H&M) and the clutch (thrifted).  Over the top I wore my knit blazer (J. Crew Factory).

I wore this Saturday when I went thrifting for a dye pot (again) and to happy hour with Jenny, Lori and friends.  My search for a pot was successful this time around; I finally found one for $4 at St. Vincent De Paul.  I was pretty excited to find it and may have even chortled.  I didn't have time to dye anything this weekend but I did cull out some items to dye once I have time.  I'll be sure to get before and after shots for you guys.


Sunday, March 20th




For Sunday I wore my Flirt skinny jeans (Old Navy), grey tee (Target), jersey cardigan (Old Navy), thrifted belt, faux-lace up boots (Kenneth Cole Reaction) and infinity scarf (Steve Madden via Macy's).

On Sunday we slept in after indulging in wine and chocolate and Cheetos and movies and the new Lady Gaga video during the slumber party.  It was, of course, fabulous good fun.  After we finally woke up, we headed to the mall to meet another friend and do a little shopping.  I got the wedge sandals I wanted and resisted the siren's call of some very cute peep toe boots.  They were cute, but I can't help but think that if it's cold enough to wear boots, I'd want my toes to be covered.  I'll probably come to terms with this contradiction as soon as they go out of style.

I hope everyone had as fabulous a weekend as I did!

Gracey

16 comments:

  1. I love your outfits! The blue scarf is gorgeous and I love how you tied it. Your boots for today's outfit is so cute. Sounds like you had a great weekend!! Mine was nice and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The knit blazer is perfection, and I must now go and layer my maxi dress! Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i adore the long white skirt with the brown boots. adorable as always!

    <3 steffy
    steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @GretchTM - I love this scarf, it's such a beautiful color. I really should wear it more often. And you can't go wrong with a nice, relaxing weekend.

    @Katie - I'm telling you, knit blazers are the best. So comfy. And you have to post your layered maxi dress outfit!

    @Steffy - Thank you, Steffy. I'm beginning to think these boots go with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun outfits for a fun weekend! I have a purple maxi dress that I am determined to wear this year. I think I just need to do as you did here and layer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love Saturday's look. I just bought my first maxi dress...so I'm looking for ways to style it. I really like the contrast of the print in the clutch with the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love the navy and white bag!! SO chic! Looks like you had a great weekend!!
    xo Emily
    BELLISHMENT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fwaw....that clutch is amaaaaaaaayzing. And those bangles look so rich and textural. I have maxi dress jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I am really feeling the whole 70s/boho vibe I'm picking up is supposed to be the summer's big look, and I am getting that maxi dress urge myself. I like how you've got that look here, but you've definitely updated it, so it looks very fresh. And heaven knows, I love bangles.

    Looking forward to your dyeing adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing post! Thanks for your sweet comment! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. great outfits! i am in love with that purse from saturday and your sunday boots. you look fab in a maxi dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. really like the maxi dress on you. It looks great. Great colors. My legs are too short to wear maxi dresses -- i always look like I'm dressing in grandma's clothes when I put one on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Allison - IIt took me a minute to get the layers right, but once I did, I really liked it. I think you should give it a shot.

    @Terri - Thank you, Terri! I can't wait to see how you style yours.

    @Emily - thank you. I love this bag too, and yes, it was a very good weekend!

    @Rose - I think this might be my go-to clutch for the summer. It actually holds a ton of stuff!!

    @Ana - thank you. I actually don't do boho well, so I was a bit nervous, but I think the bangles make it all better.

    @Marella - thank you, Marella!

    @two birds - thank you! I didn't start wearing maxi dresses until last summer, when I wore the heck out of them. And I plan on wearing them a lot this summer too!

    @Kari - I always think maxi dresses make everyone look tall and slim, but I know a lot of shorter women don't like to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that Limited clutch and I agree about pairing bangles with msxi dresses....It is a natural fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your boots and was totally looking for something like them all winter. I really ilk your first outfit too, the winterized maxi dress!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Destrehan's Daughter - thank you. These boots are a few years old, but I still get a lot of use out of them.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).