Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ditsy Used Car Salesman

Daily Outfit, 3/23/11

I have an affinity for loud jackets.  Like used car salesman loud.  I don’t know why, but they make me happy.  With the way this week is going, I need all the happy I can get, so I wore one today:

I am struggling with getting clear pictures lately  - maybe if I stopped dropping my camera...


I paired the plaid jacket (Ross Dress for Less) with a ditsy floral sleeveless blouse (Old Navy), some Long and Lean jeans (Gap), my blue scarf (H&M) and brown boots (Mossimo/Target).  My thighs love these Long and Lean jeans, and have agreed not to secede.  For now.  (They’re always tossing around veiled threats).  Also, I am going to donate yesterday’s jeans – my thighs thank you all for talking some sense into me.


I’m actually pretty pleased with this jacket and blouse together.  If you want to try pattern mixing but haven’t yet, something like this is a good way to go about it.  The pattern on the blouse is tiny, so it doesn’t clash with the larger pattern of the jacket.  And, something that is key when pattern-mixing, the two pieces share a dominant color – in this case blue. 

This week continues to lack awesomeness, but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I’m going to Santa Fe, New Mexico to visit friends for four days beginning Saturday.  I’m very excited – I haven’t been before.

Anyone out there from Santa Fe?  Anyone visit Santa Fe before?  Is there anything I absolutely HAVE to do while I’m out there?

Thank you all so much for reading and I’m sorry for the blurry pictures - I've been more rushed than usual!

Gracey

14 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the jacket and the pattern on your top is beautiful. Have fun in Santa Fe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really like this jacket and the shirt. Love the colors, love the print matching. I never thought to do that before. Now I have to see how I can make that work for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the jacket and shirt look great together, and it's nice that your thighs have found happiness in these jeans. Santa Fe sounds awesome, I've never been but I'm sure the weather will be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the floral shirt, and CUTE umbrella!


    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting!! I've never been to Santa Fe, I hope you bring back pictures! I actually think your jacket isn't loud at all, but you know I wear ridiculous colors so maybe I'm not the best judge of that. I LOVE that umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, these jeans accentuate how gorgeously LONG your legs are! My short stumpy legs are crying in jealousy! This blazer is very neat, so much less stuffy than the traditional blue or black. You do pattern mixing so very well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this jacket! It's so great for spring. I really need to check out Ross when I'm out west next month, everything I've seen from them is so cute, but there aren't any of their stores in the Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @GretchTM - thanks, Gretchen. Santa Fe will be a much needed break.

    @Kari - subtle pattern mixing like this is definitely the easiest. I hope you do try it, I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    @Marella - Thank you, Marella!

    @Allison - yes, my picky thighs are finally happy. And I'm very excited to go to Santa Fe, if only because it'll be warm.

    @Steffy - thanks, Steffy. I usally bolder florals, but I liked this too.

    @Ana - I swear my jacket is louder in person, but it's really not in the pictures is it? I will definitely take my camera to Santa Fe and share the pictures when I get back!

    @Erin - It's not a stuffy blazer, is it? I think that's why I like it so much.

    @Anne - you definitely have to visit Ross when you're out here - I have gotten some great stuff from there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit and AWESOME umbrella! I want! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pattern mixing here is most excellent--because of the similar colors. I'd buy a used car from you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Herb Tarlek jackets are awesome! And I really love how you've mixed those prints.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Ana - I need to see if I can find my yellow and red plaid jacket to wear next time - they're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Style, She Wrote - thank you, the umbrella is from Target, actually. Cute and cheap!

    @Terri - thank you, Terri - I'd be sure to give you a good deal too!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).