Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Mildly Pink Skirt

"Mildly pink" is how one of my coworkers referred to this skirt when she saw this outfit this morning.  I’m pretty sure she was joking:



I know that some might argue that I shouldn’t swath the largest part of my body in hot pink silk, but my thighs said it was okay.  They even said that after they secede (yes, I have secessionist thighs) and become their own country they might include hot pink on their national flag.  What can I say?  My thighs and I love a good, eye-searing hot pink.

This particular hot pink delight is actually a dress; a very 80s dress with a very 80s bodice that I’m still not sure what to do with.  Until I figure it out though, I thought I could wear the dress (thrifted) as a skirt.  So I layered it under a charcoal wool sweater (thrifted) and added opaque black tights (Spanx via Nordstrom) and black wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime).  I have to say that really like this dress as a skirt, so perhaps I’ll take the bodice off altogether?  We’ll see.

Also, and I find this amusing, the dress has a rose pattern woven in:

So 80s, so hilarious, so pink

Finally, because it's Thursday, I'm linked up to Spunky Chateau's Thursdays are for Thrifters Link Party.  Are you a thrifter?  If so, you should definitely join in.

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

Gracey

18 comments:

  1. This looks great as a skirt! And I love how you styled it! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it should have a cord running from it to plug into an electrical outlet. It's so amazingly bright. You wear it beautifully as an accent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man love the pattern woven into the skirt. It's so subtle but epic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it as a skirt... its so awesome how dresses can play a dual role :)

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dying to find other tall bloggers! I am also over six feet tall and I have the hardest time finding clothes! I love your style and I am following you now!

    Be well!

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt is such a cute colour!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your dress as a skirt. I kinda want to see the top!! haha. Great boots too!

    -Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this dress worn as a skirt-the colour is beautiful on you and I'm really attracted to the floral detailing-beautiful! With the neutral accessories it's a perfect outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gracey,

    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my final post. You are definitely one of the people I will miss the most, but I am hoping we don't completely lose touch. I'll still be on my other blog, and I'll still come by your blog to say hello :o)

    PS - Awesome pink skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I was going crazy for a while there... Maybe I needed to get my eyes checked, then I read on... ahhh. good ol' sarcasm. hahaha :)

    I really like the pattern on that skirt! Loud as it may be, it's adorable!

    have a happy weekend!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely loving the dress/skirt. Thanks for sharing!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit. And I love that your co-worker called this a "mildly pink skirt."

    It's so strange that you have secessionist thighs! I just got a letter from the Calves of Earth-shattering Ginormousness proclaiming their desire to withdraw from the rest of my body. Uppity jerks. I'll quash those secessionist impulses like it's 1860. Only, I'll do a better job than Lincoln did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mildly pink of this variety is my FAVORITE. Especially when paired with bad ass booties and dark grays and blacks. Love it!

    And now I am VERY curious about the top of the dress! I hope you'll do a before and after if you chop the top off, cause I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see the full fuchsia number in all its glory!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this mildly pink skirt/dress/skress? Hmm...skress? This made up word is working for me, me likey long time (or until I forget it). I love pink and I deny my pink loving all the time, good for you in waving your hot pink lovin' flag.

    I'm always pleased to come across another tall lady, I'm 5'9", yay for being able to reach the top shelf (where my step-dad use to hide the good junk food). I wish I was a thrifter, I have no patience and so I rarely sift through racks of stuff which is a complete shame.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooo the texture on that skirt. & those ankle boots, i die!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so fantastic in bold colours & your ankle boots are so chic!
    Now I really want to see the top of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes shockingly bright colours are the best! I love it as a skirt.

    A little delayed but, I just started following.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a sweet hot pink and it looks amazing on you! Love it against that gray! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).