Friday, December 9, 2011

Caramel, Smoke and Lagoon

I’ve decided that using nouns as adjectives to describe my clothes is my new thing.  Take this outfit for example:
It was a rough week, but I'm much better now.  Also, my friends are hilarious.


I could have described it as brown, gray and blue, but I practically fell asleep at my keyboard just typing that.  So boring.  But, caramel, smoke and lagoon?  Now that’s an exciting color combination.  To this end, I’m describing my outfit as lagoon jeggings (Gap) paired with a caramel sweater (thrifted Land’s End) layered over a smoke-colored tunic (Tulle).  I added cognac lace-up booties (Nine West via TJ Maxx) and a multi-colored scarf (Nordstrom).  Fancy, no?

But, I can’t take all the credit.  Gap described these pants as “lagoon” on their website.  And do you guys remember back in the day when catalogs used words like “stone” and “haze” and “cayenne” to describe their clothes?  I remember J. Crew being especially fond of this practice, offering shirts striped in “melon” and “celery.”  When I was younger, I thought it was kind of silly, but now I realize it’s sort of great and far more fun. 

What do you think, Dear Reader Friends?  Ridiculous or fabulous?

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Gracey

P.S. If you haven’t already, don’t forget to enter my giveaway for a $50.00 gift card from Go Chic or Go Home!

17 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Love this casual look with the skinny jeans and boots!Really enjoying the lagoon color!

    -Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I've always thought the most amazing part of JCrew is their color names. I wholeheartedly support your color name choices. :)

    And I'm awfully glad to see you smiling again, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute outfit! Lucky you, I never find shoes at TJ Maxx in my size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never posted before, but I think you are fabulous! Love your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous smile and gorgeous outfit! You look great and like things are looking up! Hugs to you! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, the laughing is good! Well done, funny friend of Gracey. Put me down as a vote in favour of grandiose and highly descriptive names for colours. (Says the woman who just bought a "cinnamon" jumper.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this look! i almost wore the same exact color combo today...except i had some black in there too. haha. you look great in those blue pants! i just bought a pair of "eggplant" leggings!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gracey I love this outfit and I checked out the site. Should I join? I saw you on there darling. I hope I win...thanks for hosting. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog a little while back. I just love your sense of style and your smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous. Period.

    - Justine
    luckeysgoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE IT! "Caramel, smoke, and lagoon..." I just love the images that conjures. Well done, love! Well done!

    Mr. CP is yelling about how he wants to name our future corgi Balthazar from the other room. I better go see what's going on...

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous! for i do the same thing dear gracey. the evidence is on my blog post titles. i like how your scarf brings all the colors together, & the trees behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I say fabulous. And are you getting smaller? You seem less gianty. Your legs look especially beautiful in this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was gonna respond to your questions, but I got distracted by the fact that I almost bought those pants. As it was, I bought the Russian Red (whatever that means) pants because my other red pants are too large and pulling them up is not cute. But we totally almost owned the same (mass-produced) pants.

    ReplyDelete
  15. those pants and shoes are a match made in heaven!!

    <3 steffy
    http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. totally FABULOUS. So fabulous that I'm emulating. Lagoon sounds so romantic.
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another outfit knocked right out of the park. LOVE it. Those colors are so fab all together. I get it. It's a lagoon with caramel topping.
    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).