Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Little More Color

In keeping with what appears to be the theme of this week, I’m wearing color again today.  But, just a little bit:



Okay, so maybe it’s more than a little.  I can’t help myself.  As melancholy as I’ve been, I still reach for color in the morning.  Today I reached for my burgundy pleated skirt (vintage, thrifted), an orange blouse (thrifted) and a peacock-colored cardigan (a.n.a via JC Penney).  I added peacock colored tights that are actually sheer black chevrons layered over opaque teal tights (Target & Hue, respectively), my oxidized buckle belt (thrifted) to keep my too big skirt up and my trusty riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom) because, hey, they’re trusty.

I know this color combination is a little over the top for some, but burgundy and orange just holds such an allure for me.  It’s one of my favorite punchy color combinations and at a time I needed some punch, it actually did help to cheer me up.  As have all of your guys’ kind comments.  You guys are the best.  For reals.

You know what else helps cheer a girl up?  Parties.  To that end, I’ve linked up to the Thursday is for Thrifters Link Party over at Spunky Chateau.  I feel better already.

Happy Thursday, Everyone.  And please know that I really do appreciate each and every one of you.

Gracey

19 comments:

  1. I don't think these colors look too over the top at all. It's a great combo. Oh, and that skirt is absolutely lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how this outfit can make you feel better. :-) It is a great color combination and you do look cheery!

    ~Tavia
    www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS COLOR COMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    you look GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this may be one of my favourite outfits on you- the colours are great and the pleated skirt is especially gorgeous! Never too much colour (except I'm participating in neutrals week...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear gracey, i want to see the chevron pattern & a close up of those amazing boots! who said over the top is a bad thing? not this girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you put together your ideas in this blog.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you're cheering up a bit! I'm so glad! You've got the best smile, especially when you're feeling it! Hugs to you!!! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally love coral and burgandy together...best colour combination! It was one of my first blog posts :) I know I've said this before, but I LOVE your smile!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I firmly believe that the best remedy for the blues is to dress in spunky, bright colors. It does wonders for the spirit. =D As always, you've done a bang up job here, Miss Gracey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This color combo is fabulous! Love it!! And your pleated skirt is awesome!

    - Justine
    luckeysgoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit! I can never manage to get more than 2 colors together without going... wait, laura, what are you doing? You look great! and the pleated skirt is just lovely!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pleated skirt is so beautiful on you - and I love the colour-mixing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The color combo is perfect! I am enjoying the color blocking and I want to STEAL your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gracey, I love this look. That skirt is too pretty. Thanks for linking up!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty pretty pretty! You know I love this combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how the blue of your tights peek out! What a great touch!
    The belt looks gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore this color combination and seeing you rock it is cheering *me* up. I hope you find your sunshine soon!
    All the best,
    Am

    ReplyDelete
  18. i always love your pleated skirts and those boots are so fantastic! i've been so lagging on checking out blogs. missed yours, Gracey! glad i got a chance to check you out!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those colors are amazing!! I love that skirt!

    http://notyourgrandfathersbeautypageant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).