Friday, April 4, 2014

Lowercase Shiny

I'm not big on daytime shine.  I mean, I like shine, just not necessarily for day.  For example, I don't think I'd ever wear my sequined jacket to the office but it's completely necessary to my wardrobe that I own a sequined jacket.  However, I found that I can do just a little shine during the day and, it's kind of fun.

Like this gold striped sweater:


Top: BR Outlet  Jeans: Old Navy  Jacket: Thrifted  Boots: Gap  Necklace: Hive & Honey


It's not SHINY, it's just shiny, and I can do lowercase shiny during the day.  Heck, I even added to the shine with my necklace:



I figure if I'm otherwise in muted tones like olive and denim a double dose of lowercase shiny isn't going to make me feel like a disco ball.


See? shiny.


Happy Friday, All!

Gracey

Get the Look
Similar metallic striped top
Similar olive jacket
Old Navy Mid-Rise jeans
Similar mid-calf boots
Similar chevron necklace

9 comments:

  1. The prefect dusting of shiny. You look great and your hair is just gorgeous. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fantastic! shiny sweaters are usually okay, as long as there are no sequins! you look fab in this post, btw!
    ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're too funny! Have you seen the outrageous things I wear? If we'd been co-workers, I bet you'd cringe everyday when you saw me.

    This version of shiny is so you, though. One part sass and two parts casual chic. A perfect Friday ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I have a sequin tank top in my closet that never gets worn, I'll have to try layering it with less dressy options (like here) to get some wear out of it! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look! Any chance you're a fan of Firefly? Any reference to "shiny" makes me think of that show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only shine I do is the shine on my nose! This looks subtle and perfect for daytime. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love shiny, but the shiniest thing I'll wear is some metallic shoes. I'm more like you, subtle shiny.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).