Sunday, May 4, 2014

Meet Carlene

As most of you know, I am frequently startled attacked by the killer squirrels that live in the trees around my office building.  But, I have never been as startled as I was the other day when I met Carlene.

This is Carlene:


She is a baby possum that may in fact be a boy.  I'm still going to call her Carlene because if I were a possum, Carlene would be the name I would choose for myself.

This was my face when I realized Carlene was in the tree behind me:


As you can see, I tried to smile through the fear, but I was terrified that Carlene would decide I was a tree and try to climb me.

She didn't, which is why I'm here to tell the story, but it was touch and go for a bit.  Okay, not really.  I think Carlene actually just fell asleep in the tree.  It was odd that she was awake mid-day so I'm not surprised she was more interested in sleeping than in whatever I was doing.

Happy Sunday, All!

Gracey