Tuesday, May 13, 2014

White Jean Wear-Ability

White jeans have a very limited window of wear-ability for me.  I can't wear them if it's raining or has rained in the past two days as any bit of moisture on the road gets flipped onto white jeans when I ride.  I also can't wear them during the suggested period of Memorial Day to Labor Day because it's too frickin' hot to wear jeans, of any color, during those months.  So, basically, my white jeans only come out a couple of times a year; when it's dry, but not too hot.

Like today:


Tee: LOFT  Jeans, Scarf & Belt: Old Navy  Sandals: Banana Republic

For today's look I paired my white jeans with a citron tee and an adorable hummingbird scarf because, as an Oregonian, I consider it my birthright to put a bird, any bird, on darned near everything.


And it's always worth it.  Always.

Outside of the weather cooperating, white jeans are pretty wearable for me.  I am prone to staining them, but a little OxyClean will usually take care of whatever foodstuffs I've dropped in my lap.  However, I've realized that for a lot of women, white jeans aren't that wearable, and not just because they like to partake in really, really messy burritos.  (Oh, wait, is that just me?  Okay then.)  

If you struggle with wearing white jeans, please, allow me to offer some completely unsolicited advice on the subject.



Look for a looser fit.  Some people advocate sizing up and if that works for you, that's definitely one way to get a looser fit.  Personally, I just bypassed the super-tight jeans for the more forgiving fit.  These are still a skinny cut, but it doesn't take third-party assistance to pull them on.

Look for thicker fabric.  A lot of the discomfort about white jeans is that you feel like everyone is seeing your everything.  If you go with a thicker jeans, that's less of an issue.


Wear nude panties.  Not white (not ever white).  Not hot pink.  Nude.  Even if your jeans have a sturdier fabrication, nude panties are best.

Pair with whatever you like.  Once you find the perfect pair of white jeans, you can wear them with whatever you like.  Any color, any print, any thing you want.  This is probably the best thing about white jeans, so have fun with it.

What about you, Reader Friends?  Do you wear white jeans?  If not, will the advice of a notorious burrito-dropper like myself change your mind?

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

Get the Look
Old Navy Sweetheart jeans
LOFT sunwashed tee
Similar scarf (here or here)
Similar nude sandals