Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Best Thing about Prints


Of course, the best thing about prints is that they don’t have to stand on their own.  You can accessorize the hell out of them if you want.  Or, you can even pair them with more prints:



You can probably guess which I prefer.  Yep, it’s true, I love mixing prints and patterns.  In part because it’s such a challenge for me; I really never know how it’s going to turn out.  And that, I think, is part of the fun.



For today, I mixed two graphic prints; the checked pants (men’s vintage, thrifted) and the diamond tunic (Old Navy).  And then, because I was on a role, I added a third print with my flats (Nine West via Piperlime).  Is it lunacy?  A little bit, perhaps, but I’d absolutely wear it again. 

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

17 comments:

  1. Oooohhh!! I love this! So creative and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is lunacy, it's beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that shirt. I've struggled with styling it. I'm kind of in love with how you put together this look! So cute.

    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracey,

    I love this outfit! You look like a tall, geometric printed Audrey Hepburn. I love, love, love your style!
    Warmly,

    Faerl Marie
    www.faerlmarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so adorable! I think YOUR best accessory is your smile. Very sweet and friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The top is amazing and a great match with the pants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fabulous job mixing, Gracey - the two prints really complement each other. Great shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'd have this outfit on every other day!! Superb. The shoes clinch the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, Gracey! Your top has a fantastic graphic, those are some fantastic pants, and the shoes, as others mentioned, are a particularly excellent complement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW. Yup, that's all I got. But WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! You're great at pattern mixing. One is like a blown up version of the other. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. and I think you mixed them perfectly by keeping the hues in the same family. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I TOTALLY love this look on you!!! The blue is a great color for you and the outfit looks as if it was styled by Vogue!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gracey, rock on with your graphic prints!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl, you look like an optical illusion over there! (And I mean that in a good way.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This geometric top is pretty fantastic. I like that you pair it with a much smaller print on top, it lets the blouse stand out and then the blue print on the button supports it. This is print mixing at it's best, a little funky and wild, but all fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).