Friday, November 30, 2012

Inspired By: The Braided Bandit



The other day, Hannah of The Braided Bandit wore an adorable combination of a cropped plaid jacket and a floral blouse.  See?  Adorable!



At the time I didn’t think I’d be able to recreate the look because I didn’t think I had the right pieces.  Happily, I was wrong:



As I was poking through my closet this morning, I found this gifted floral shirt (thanks, Mom!) and a cropped plaid jacket (vintage via Goodwill) of my own!  I paired my floral and plaid with skinny jeans (Old Navy) and black flats (Hive & Honey via Piperlime).  And I also added a black statement necklace, vintage bracelet (via Red Fox Vintage) and my new black & gold stud earrings that I won from Sarah at Just Take a Bow and bonnilu.



Thank you, Hannah, for the inspiration!  And thank you, Sarah and bonnilu for the awesome earrings!  And thank you, my Dearest Reader Friends, for visiting!

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Gracey

16 comments:

  1. I feel SO special thank you Gracey! I absolutely love your version of it and the beautiful necklace and earrings are the perfect finishing touches! I really like that yours still feels rally festive without the in-your-face red and green that I did haha. Happy Friday and have an amazing weekend!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jacket is AMAZING!! & great w/ the floral top. how fun to see your recreate a Hannah-inspired look! I always mean to do that (w/ Hannah & many others) but always forget when it comes time to throwing on clothing haha.
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable - both you and Hannah are fabulous. I shall be the next to borrow this look : >

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look, now I've got to see if I can recreate it! hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous jacket. I like the way you styled this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the jacket, very nice look. Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so unimaginative, I never would have thought to pair floral and tartan like this, but doesn't it look great? And you look so sleek and sexy in those jeans, Gracey! Gorgeous jewellery too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Floral and plaaid look so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gracey, you struck gold with this one! Don't you love it when someone's post directly inspires you to try something completely different? I love it. Now you've passed it on and you can be sure that many of us will be trying it ourselves. That's what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mix of the checked pattern and the flowers! Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I totally LOVE this combo of houndstooth and dark floral!!! Must make mental note to get a dark floral blouse and STEAL this!!

    This would look gorgeous with your black pleated skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Inspired! You completely turned this look into your own cool style, even though the original idea came from an equally stylish friend.

    I want to do this, but do not own a floral shirt. Or much floral period. Perhaps the Floral Fairy skipped me? Hmmmm, wonderin' if stripes or polka dots will work...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, Gracey. Your pattern-mixing inspires me now! And so the blogging circle of inspiration goes on... x

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).