Monday, November 19, 2012

Football Attire and a FRAAS Review



As I mentioned before, I went to a Portland State football game this Saturday, which meant I had to wear proper football attire.  I decided on jeans and a sweatshirt:



Okay, so it was a lace sweatshirt, but I still say it counts.  In addition to my skinny jeans (Macys) and lace sweatshirt (Macys), I also wore riding boots (Born Crown via Nordstrom) and a leopard coat (consigned).  And, once I got to the game, where it was quite cold, I also wore my new Tech Gloves (c/o FRAAS):


I have to say that I was both excited and skeptical when FRAAS offered to send me these gloves.  Excited because I hate having to take of my gloves to use my phone and skeptical because I don’t know how knit gloves could possibly allow me to still use my phone.  I was also skeptical because these gloves are one-size-fits-all and I have giant hands (of course).

But, I did wear these on Saturday at the game, and they were fabulous.  They kept my hands warm, I was able to use my phone easily while wearing them, and as you can see above, they fit my man hands just fine.  And the teal goes with leopard.  A win all around.  Well, not all around, PSU lost to Eastern Washington, 34 to 41.  

Although I received the teal pair, the gloves come in several colors, from neutrals to jewel tones to brights:


The style I received has a wrist ruffle (or wruffle, as I like to call it), shown above, but the tech gloves are also offered in a longer, scrunch style and a bow style.  They run about $30.00 per pair, and are available both at fraas.com and amazon.com.  If you have a smart phone and are looking for a pair of tech gloves, I strongly recommend these.

Happy Monday, All!

Gracey
 

17 comments:

  1. Now that's not merely jeans and a sweatshirt, Gracey! They are super well-fitting skinnies and LACE, along with sexy leopard print and excellent boots. You look fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need those gloves! And your jacket. Yup, I'm going to need that jacket as well.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your jacket! Great print.

    I like the gloves too. The DH bought a similar pair by a different brand in the same price range. I hate to say you can find similar gloves at target for half the price or less.

    I wear a pair of vintage leather gloves that work fine with a touch screen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to check those gloves out!!
    I must say you looked FABULOUS at the game!! Leopard and lace is appropriate for ANY occaison!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great. I adore that lace sweatshirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe you found a lace sweatshirt. You are some kind of style magician, Gracey! I hate dressing for football games because I always feel like a lump of fleece, but you look really elegant. And is that a statement necklace? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You even do sweats stylishly! (Love that coat, too!)

    I have a pair of tech gloves, and I was really shocked by how well they work. I generally prefer leather gloves to knit, but yeah, I may need to rethink that in deepest winter, when I REALLY don't want to take off my gloves at all, even to briefly use my smartphone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific jacket. And wonderful sweatshirt. You find great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I want to copy your look so badly! I have a leopard coat similar to that, but it is a bit longer. I love the length and cut of yours on you, it is super flattering. And WHAT?! A lace sweatshirt?! I didn't know that was a thing, but now that I know I need one. Immediately :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit is so me. I love it to bits!
    Your leopard coat is really making me want to find one for the fall/winter.

    Hudson East
    HudsonEast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. of course the lace sweatshirt counts as a sweatshirt - it's so beautiful! And I love your leo coat!!! I haven't found the perfect one yet for me, but I have a patterned coat that I love too!
    And the gloves are great, I also need a bit of color in the grey november days (well at least where I live they are grey...)!

    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want that jacket! Love the teal gloves paired with the leopard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! I love that lace sweatshirt on you, and it really works as a contract to the leopard coat. The teal gloves are the perfect last touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That lace sweatshirt is totally cute- I love it on you!! and your jacket is very playful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is another fave gracey outfit of mine! how superb that you can still use your phone with those gloves. yippee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That coat is so sassy! You look great.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's quite a fancy outfit for football hehe go girl! Yeah you really can't go wrong with sweatshirt and jeans and boots. Especially if you wear them in team colors :)

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).