Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Gettin’ Matchy With It



I’m not usually known for being matchy-matchy, or for matching at all according to some.  But, when I was gifted this vintage necklace this weekend (thanks, Mom!) I knew I was going to match the heck out of it:


 And match it, I did: 



I’d actually already planned on pairing these emerald cords (Lucky Brand via Marshall’s) with my bright blue sweater (thrifted via Goodwill) and velvet flats (Old Navy).  Adding the necklace and some gold bangles (Nordstrom) just seemed like the right, if obvious, choice.

But, don’t worry.  Tomorrow I’ll be back in a color combination that makes no sense to anyone.

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Gracey


Shop the Look:
Similar emerald skinnies (plus available)
Similar blue sweater (plus available)
Similar teal flats (patent or fabric)
Similar enamel necklace

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.
 

12 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! That's a pretty great necklace, so I can see how you'd be so inspired by it. I might have to try something all-blue myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! It's not too matchy- matchy, I think the jeans balance it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bluey-greeny goodness of this outfit, Gracey. Nothing wrong with a bit of matchy-match now and again! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like all the tone-on-tone-on-tone action here!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the emerald and bright blue together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new necklace, and I'm totally okay with being a little matchy-matchy from time to time.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were definitely on the same sartorial wavelength today, my dear! Monochromatic matchy-ness for the win! This bright combo is fantastic. Reminds me of blue skies and bodies of water!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I love a good matchy-matchy. Makes everything right with the world, for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i always get nervous when i do a matchy matchy look
    i am afraid people will think. poor girl doesn't she know any better LOL
    i think when you do it right, it is always a good look
    love your take
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colour on you! Love the mixing of blues. Well-played.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dammit, Gracey, that song is gonna be stuck in my head for a week now. Good thing I like your outfit so I can let it slide. (This time.)

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).