Friday, March 22, 2013

I'm Not on the Wall



I'm just standing next to one.

Really, though, it’s basically stupidly cold here in Oregon right now, even though it’s nearly April.  This severely limits my wardrobe choices.  And, as you can imagine, having to bike commute limits them even further.  But, after much pondering of levels of coziness and comfort, I ended up in this:



I hate to fall back on wearing black (this isn’t Westeros, after all, and I’m not on the Wall) but most of my warm clothes are black.  So, a black sweater (Jones New York via Ross), scarf (Betsey Johnson via Nordstrom), jeans (a.n.a via JC Penney) and boots (Goodwill) it is.  But, I did lighten the look a little with a striped pink tee (Old Navy) and neon pink earrings (Kate Spade NY via Nordstrom), which I think was just enough to keep me from looking like I’m a bearskin cloak away from being a Ranger. 

Also, in case you can’t tell, I’m super excited about the return of Game of Thrones next weekend.  I read the first four books during the show’s hiatus and can’t wait to see how they handle what I know is coming up.  

I’m also super excited that it’s the weekend.  I didn’t really love this week and am glad it’s over.

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Gracey

Shop the Look:
Similar black sweater
Similar Old Navy tee (Tall available)
Exact black skinnies
Similar black boots
Similar black scarf
Similar neon earrings (save or splurge)

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

19 comments:

  1. Tricked me again! I thought this was a cowl neck sweater instead of a sweater plus a scarf. Cute outfit!

    Those jeans look great on you. How do they hold up during the day? Any sagging? I'm always on the hunt for reliable denim these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Spring must be like ours, its awful here, not a glimpse of spring in sight. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is quite unusual to see you in black. Love it with the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the arrival of the weekend. My week was a killer.

    I'm in the middle of watching the second season of "Games..." on DVD. Great show. And your outfit is really cute. I like how the color peeks out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pops of neon! I know what you mean about warm clothes = black clothes. So much of my warmest stuff is dark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can *not* wait for the return of GOT! And you look cozy and fabulous, but not bundled up quite enough for The Wall : >

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to make the black look all delicious and sweet! The pink stripes and earrings are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah this is lovely, the neon rescues the black. You look cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Personally, I think Jon Snow and the fellas would have benefited from a pop of pink or two. Just sayin'. You look cozy chic on top, and streamlined on the bottom, and great all over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pops of neon with the black. It's been cold and dreary in Boston too. Spring needs to get here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful color with black! I bet Oregon is bautiful this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought that scarf was part of the sweater because it looks so seamless! I love it. And the pops of pink really make the look stand out. I've been living in my sweaters too!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooh next time I'm close to taking the black, I'm keeping these poppy pops of pink in mind! I read books 1-3 of GoT; cannot wait for the new season! Hope your weekend is treating you well, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pink peeking out! I hope you got to enjoy the sunshine today. It was still freezing, but at least we got sun. I'll take it:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. that sweater looks extra cozy and i love the pink stripes peeking out
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  16. the striped tee is a nice touch in the all black outfit. i'm wondering how my nephew is holding up in that weather! he's at college in corvalis (sp?) and i know he bikes to school!

    [oomph.]
    mobile morsels

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the a.n.a line of skinny jeans from jcp - I have both black and sapphire blue (really dark). The weather here is killing wardrobe pre-planning and outside pic opportunities. It's supposed to be in the 40s and low 50s all week. Had to dig out the tights I'd put away :(

    I really love all black, but the pink provides a perfect splash of color.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think this outfit is sweet with a bit of sexy mixed in. You look great and its perfect for our random spring weather!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).