Thursday, March 7, 2013

The World’s Tallest Third Grader



Today I am dressed like the world’s tallest third grader:



I didn’t do it on purpose (I like to think I’d never infantilize myself on purpose).  It’s just that the shirt (vintage via Goodwill) and pants (Target) happened to be next to each other on my laundry chair (the chair that holds the overflow of clean laundry from my laundry basket) so I threw them on this morning. 


But I like it.  Yes, I would have worn this as a third grader but I’m not embarrassed to be wearing it now.  It’s bright and happy and cozy and involves my favorite pants, ankle-strap flats (Hive & Honey via Piperlime) and a neon necklace (Target).  
 
I tell you what, Friends; third graders might be on to something.

Happy Thursday, All!

Gracey

Shop the Look:
Exact Target cords
Similar plaid shirt (plus, standard)
Ankle strap flats
Neon yellow necklace

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

16 comments:

  1. I don't think this looks juvenile at all! The pants pick up the red in the plaid, but the other dominant shirt colors keep it from looking matchy-matchy. Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a lovely bright happy look. The red jeans are especially cute. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I didn't dress nearly that fashionably as a third grader! Maybe I could see it a little if your hair was in a side-ponytail, but otherwise nah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never saw such well-dressed third graders in my life! I agree with Carlee, maybe if you had some plastic barettes and a Minnie Mouse backpack. ;) I like the bright plaid and bright pants together. Color is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the plaid top, what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have nothing to be ashamed of -this is a happy and bright outfit! And by the way, I get ideas from my laundry chair too, or the occasional laundry sofa (clean laundry)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is the capital of Oregon? Gracey, pay attention!

    Love the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't see third grader, but I do see happy, approachable and confident. And don't forget your lunch money : >

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha! Kids do dress pretty fashionably these days. Better than the matching sweatsuits I wore in third grade! You actually look more like the fun art teacher than a student, haha. Anyway, love the combination-that top is great and I bet it's so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think it's childish, I think it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesomely joyful, playful without being juvenile, love it! Your laundry chair has magic powers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a blazer the color of your pants. I think the outfit looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Red pants make everything better. End of.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Came over here from Tall Snob.. your blog title cracks me up because I'm always referring to myself as a giant around my <5'4" friends, so I definitely appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i loveeee this outfit.
    cute blog you've got here missy.

    i'm jorjia. nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).