Monday, March 25, 2013

Sure It’s Boxy, But It’s Plaid



And that is, apparently, reason enough for me, because, yeah, this dress is boxy.  But, it is also plaid:



And here at Fashion for Giants, we'll take plaid in any shape.


Yes, I could have worn a belt, but I didn’t.  I actually like the cut of this dress.  And the colors of the plaid are fun.  So, I may look like a box, but I look like a fun box.  So, no, no belt.   Just a vintage plaid dress (handmade via Goodwill) layered over a blue-striped blouse (Gap), blue tights (DKNY via Nordstrom) and riding boots (Born Crown via Nordstrom).

Oh, and I also wore my new carnelian Friendship Bracelet that the lovely people at RedEnvelope sent to me:


It also comes in iolite and aqua chalcedony, but, let’s be honest, I was never going to choose any color but orange.  And not just because it goes so well with plaid; as we all know, orange goes with everything so that’s a non-issue.  No, I just think the luminescent quality of carnelian orange is so pretty. Really though, I would have been happy with any of the colors or several other pieces from RedEnvelope; they have some lovely, lovely items.

Speaking of lovely, I thrifted a new coat on Saturday:


Which is also a bit boxy, isn't it?  Maybe boxy is my new thing?  I don't know, but I guess it's possible.  Again though, boxy or not, I love this coat; I love the color and the weight is perfect for spring.  Also, the bracelet sleeves show off my Red Envelope bracelet perfectly, so everybody wins.


Happy Monday, Everyone!

Gracey

17 comments:

  1. Great look! I love the plaid. xo style, she wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here here, sometimes boxy is good
    love the tights you chose to go with this plaid
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh love it though! you can pull of boxy because you're so fabulously tall!
    kw ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just noticed you were reading john dies at the end. You know there is a movie!! I have the second book on my kindle, it is next in the que.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boxy rules! As does carnelian, and that fab coat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you go boxy, you *have* to go plaid : > You look fab, love your new coat so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like boxy. I often dress boxily and get annoyed when people tell me to "add a belt". If I wanted to add a belt, I would have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a cute top, I wouldnt say it looks boxy however if it were me I would add a wide belt.. but you know me.. I would be lost without belts :)

    xox J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who needs to be an hourglass all the time? I love your boxy plaid, the sleeves are actually my favorite part. Both of my proper overcoats are very boxy. I'm all for some alternative-shaped outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I agree with Megan Mae, I like to 'surrender the waist' sometimes. The new coat is lovely, a beautiful colour. I wouldn't say boxy though, more like - swishy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the coat and I don't think you can beat a plaid dress. Lovely. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got a gift from my MIL from red envelope of a set of pretty Murano glass bracelets and a jewelry box. I think they have really nice stuff. And I am also in love with your plaid. I probably would've belted but if we all did the same thing, where wouuld the fun live?

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love it all!! that coat is so fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carnelian is so gorgeous. Good choice! Also, that coat looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm a sucker for vintage plaid too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look fabulous, Gracey. And i don't see boxiness at all. I adore the coat, the three quarters sleeves, the peep of plaid, the wrist-wear, the softly pointed boots. lovely lines galore! x

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).