Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Off the Rails

Daily Outfit, 1/26/11


The Breakdown:
  • V-neck sweater - Tulle via Pin Me Apparel
  • Vintage handmade skirt - thrifted
  • Faux-croc, patent belt - Macys
  • Tights - Nordstrom via Nordstrom Rack
  • Wedge booties - Modcloth
Clearly my quest for professionalism has gone off the rails.  I meant to wear something more subdued (and therefore more professional?) but I saw these shoes and realized I haven't worn them in forever.  I decided I wanted to wear them today, and proceeded to build an outfit around them.  Also, I love the color of these tights and so am always trying to find different outfits to pair them with.  I think they go fabulously with this skirt and I love that they peek out through the heel of the booties.

These booties are fun for me, but also difficult to wear.  They're completely different than anything else in my closet, but I really like that about them.  The fact that they're so different is what keeps them 'me' and makes them something I would wear.  But they are definitely a departure, so I don't wear them as much as other, safer pairs.  But, I think they worked with this outfit - maybe I'll wear them more now.

Do you guys ever purchase items that are different from your usual style?  Do you ever have any trouble incorporating those items into your outfits?

Gracey

8 comments:

  1. HEY!! my tall american friend :) I LOVE those booties!! they are so cute on you!!! and they are awesome with the color of the tights!! all around great outfit.. so dont you worry, I wont be passing out any fashion citations over here tonight LOL!!! time for bed!! ciao J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those boots! Very unique. Fashion for giants...that's funny. I'm short myself. Fashion for shorties? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those booties are adorable! I will occasionally buy stuff completely out of my usual comfort zone, but it mostly ends badly for me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The booties add such a wonderfully unexpected twist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracey I LOVE this look! You look so pretty and stylish. To heck with subdued professionalism! I often buy things that are a departure from my regular style and then struggle to wear them, so I hear you on that one. But I think it's ok to have special items that you can pull out once in while for something fun and different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, I've found that it's easiest to wear something out of my comfort zone if I pair it with something firmly within my comfort zone, like this skirt and sweater. I would ordinarily have worn this outfit with my Born boots (which is entirely in my comfort level), but am glad I branched out and wore these.

    (And I'm glad you all are supporting my branching out - that makes it easier to take risks).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic outfit! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).