Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Gracey Goes to the Beach!

As promised, I finally made it over to the Oregon Coast for the first time this summer and it was as fabulous as always.  We went to a small beach a little north of Nye Beach and it was just perfect.  It was a little overcast when we first arrived, but it turned out to be gorgeous.

What I Wore



Because the day did start out a bit chilly, I layered a chambray tunic (Old Navy) over my striped tank (Target) and floral shorts (Loft Outlet).  I thought I’d be wearing my jorts (hee!) at the beach but I figured if a girl can’t wear short shorts at the beach, when can she wear them?  Right?  Right.

What I Saw
On our way:

One of the many fabulous things about going to the Oregon Coast is the drive over through heavily wooded passes.

A view from the top:


Views from the bottom:

Back towards the road.

Out towards the ocean and lighthouse.

Yaquina Head Lighthouse (I think):


What We Did

Frisbee was played:



Ollie the Octopus Kite was flown:



And surf was played in:


This is one of the few times I wished I cared just a little bit more about being a better photographer because I’m afraid my pictures aren’t doing this trip justice.  If you ever get a chance to visit the Oregon Coast, I encourage you to do so – it really is amazing.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend as well!

Gracey

12 comments:

  1. This looks like such fun!! I love the picture of the lighthouse and the road to get to the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your pictures turned out well. I wonder though if the water is super cold. I get spoiled with the Gulf of Mexico and so the one time I swam on the West Coast I thought the water was freezing. I am also with you on the short shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis coastline is beautiful! Ahh, the sea! And the woods! I'm more and more sure that if I ever visit the US, I'm going to definitely visit Oregon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! And the beach is nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh jeez, how pretty! You're making me want to go visit my mom in Washington super hard. (That may be insulting since Oregon =/= Washington, but Washington is the only real experience I have with the Pacific Northwest, other than driving through Oregon to get to Washington. And stopping at Powell's.)

    You look super beachy and I want Ollie to be my new best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture of the lighthouse is STUNNING!!! Gosh that place looks amazing. Thanks for sharing. BTW- I love the kite :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look!!!

    www.fatndfierce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I visited the Oregon coast years ago. Before there were digital cameras, but I have some old pics of me and my sister on the beach around somewhere. We went to some kind of rainforest botanical garden while I was visiting her, when she used to live in Portland. Do you know of it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Sue: Why yes, that is FB (and one of the FCs as well);-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhh, how I love the Oregon coast! I was there earlier this summer. Both of my sisters went to school in Cannon Beach for a year each, so I saw that area quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I've mentioned this before but the Oregon coast is definitely on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).