Monday, August 29, 2011

Bonus Footage: Mama Mia!

On Saturday, Alex and I went out to dinner at the Veritable Quandary in Portland and then to see Mama Mia.  It was an awesome evening - VQ is one of my all-time favorite restaurants.  It's so pretty and the food is soooooo good.  And Mama Mia was so much fun!  But, best of all?  Alex and I decided to dress in our finest 70s wear in honor of Abba.

I wore this:



I bought this handmade floral maxi dress at a thrift store months ago in the hopes that I might someday have a reason to wear it.  For Mama Mia, I paired it with black and gold bangles, black and gold platforms (rummaged), a black cocktail ring (Nordstrom) and vintage black leather clutch (thrifted). 

Oh, and big hair and big make up:


And Alex wore this:


It's fabulous, right?  I had actually loaned it to her for the show, but we decided that the teal color looked so good with her fair skin and fiery red hair that she should keep it.

If you're from the Portland area and have never been to Veritable Quandary, you should definitely try to go.  And you should definitely try to go during the summer and sit outside.  The outside seating area at VQ is just gorgeous.  We sat underneath an oak tree next to a hydrangea and a fuchsia hanging basket and it was just lovely:




I hope you all had a lovely weekend as well!

Gracey

22 comments:

  1. What a fantastic Mamma Mia outfit! You look gorgeous... love the big hair and makeup :) And that dress with Alex's hair is fantastic... reminds me of the Little Mermaid (which is always a good thing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. What fun! You both look gorgeous, in such a totally fabulous way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love your dress! I have couple of dresses in my closet that have never been worn... still waiting for just the right occasion. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like soooooo much fun!!! I think the dress you're wearing looks wonderful for any occasion...and your smile is so bright! 70s hugs to you! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg gracey you look beautiful!!! i love the dress and your eye makeup!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing! I love your hair like that. You could totally rock 70s style all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama-mia! You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look fabulous! Love the big hair and maxi dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MAMA MIA is RIGHT!! Girl you look incredible! Gracey, seriously you look radiant! Your hair and makeup....I DIED!! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I won't admit how many times I've seen Mamma Mia! But if I did, the answer might be four. Maybe...

    Love both your dresses and glammed out hair and makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look amazing! i so love that floral dress on you and the hair looks fabulous. what a wonderful night out! and that pleated dress you gave your friend is really great too!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so great and you have such a bright smile
    Have a lovely day
    Sara C.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,Im a 12 year old girl and I draw fashion designs.If you wanna see it,go on crazykidstyleemcks.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look stunning in that maxi dress my dear, simply stunning. And how sweet to give your friend a dress because it looks pretty on her. You sure have a good soul:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds like such a fun night! My friends and I used to dress up for Rocky Horror Picture Show when I was in college, and I always had a good time going out in costume.

    That dress makes you look SO long and lean! I hope you can find more reasons to wear it, it looks amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look stunning modern and so psyched and happy. I love this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowee--you make a fabulous disco diva! I'm loving the big hair. Alex looks gorgeous too. Sounds like a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE this whole look -- especially the hair and makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMGA can we talk about HOW amazing you look!? :D soo prettty :)
    Your dress is amazing and Alez's outfit looks cte as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. You definitely look gorgeous in this outfit and different with the glasses out. I wear glasses mostly and when I put lences people always comment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore your outfit and the combination .Your photos are always such a PERFECTION, the atmosphere is amazing, and at the top of all of it you have an AMAZING outfits!!! I know bright colors suite you well..It would be really nice if you take your spare time to check out my blog and follow back if you like it.. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).