Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hello, Lovers

That is, in all honesty, what I purred to my boots today as I pulled them from their box.  It wasn’t exactly cold today, but it definitely wasn’t warm either.  And that was just enough of an excuse for me to pull out my much-loved, oft-worn, all-time-favorite boots:


I didn't realize my belt was wonkers until after the photos, but I can't say I'm surprised.

My affection for these boots cannot be overstated.  I've had them for a few years now and wear them almost constantly throughout the fall and winter and even much of the spring.  Oregon was slow to get warm this summer and though I railed against the continuing cold weather, I was secretly glad to have a reason to continue to wear my beloved boots.

And today, although I’m tempted to complain about our mere two months of not-very-hot summer weather, I’m mostly just excited to be able to wear these boots again.  I paired the boots (Born Crown “Sosie”) with grey leggings (Target) under a floral “dress” (Gap, thrifted) and a grey cardigan (525 America) along with a thin brown belt (Gap), my watch and a blue and white bracelet.

What about you all?  What item, new or an old favorite, are you excited to wear this fall?

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

P.S. Yesterday’s linen skirt wants to thank you all for your support – we’ll be staying together for a bit longer at least.  And I wanted to thank you all for your outfit ideas – I’ve already got another outfit planned with the blue booties!

15 comments:

  1. You look adorable! I love your boots:) Doesn't it feel like fall already? I mentioned that to a co-worker today. I'm excited for fall, but kind of sad that it seems like our very short/mild summer is already over. I am looking forward to lots of fall fashion items - cozy cardigans, cords, boots, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are a great pair of boots, from the color to the shape and to the fit. I wore something similar last winter and can't wait to wear it again! I really like this look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice unified colors. And great boots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These boots are so awesome. Every time you wear them, I am filled with boot-lust and jealousy. I, personally am looking forward to actually wearing cardigans OUT of the office (my workplace is set on the FRIGID air-conditioning cycle).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seeing everyone in the blogosphere pulling out boots and putting on leggings and thinking, "where is MY fall weather?" Pout!

    I adore the brown boots with the greyish blues. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you adore those boots - they're stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a pair of born crown boots from three years ago that I still am in love with. They are comfortable and sturdy and once again they are what I am most looking forward to wearing. I am even shopping around for a heeled version in black but we'll see how that turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very adorable outfit! I know exactly how you feel about it sometimes being a challenge when your so tall btw (read that in blurb on the side of your blog). I am 5'10 (not quite 6 ft) but its so annoying not being able to wear 5 inch heels when I'm in the mood. Great blog!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely boots!! They look great!

    http://kariyah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, I'm so jealous of your beautiful boots! I need to find a store where I can try on some wide-calf boots, because most boots seem to be made with a 13" shaft and that ain't cutting it for my sturdy calves.

    Love the greys and muted colors in the rest of the outfit, they really let the boots shine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm so jealous you're wearing boots and leggings right now. i love boots and leggings! it's super hot here in socal! those boots are fab and i can see why you love them so much!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is seriously the cutest little outfit! I LOVE those boots. I can't wait for it to get cool enough here to drag my boots out of the closet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look ADORABLE. Those boots are so gorgeous! And I love the cardigan belted like that. Your body looks so freakin' amazing in this!

    xoxo
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi - I was searching your blog for info about wide-calf boots and this is what came up. (I'm a recent reader of yours.) If you wear them, I'd love to hear what you have to say about shopping for them. My only luck has been with Zappos, never in a store. Also, shorter boots and booties work for me.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).