Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Polka Dots & A Backwards Belt

Although sometimes I like to insist upon my originality, sometimes I just blatantly copy other bloggers.  Today is one of those days:




Sometime back, the gorgeous Kendi of Kendi Everyday wore a similar belt, from Target, backwards; today I am wearing my belt, from Target, backwards.  What can I say?  Tuesday’s aren’t my days for originality (I save it for the third Thursday of every month).  In addition to a backwards belt, I wore a linen skirt (Jones New York via Macy’s), a polka dot tee (Gap), nude platform sandals (Target) and self-made drop earrings.

This outfit is only okay for me.  I think it’s the proportions.  The skirt is so full that I probably shouldn’t have gone so slouchy up top.  But, it’s finally getting really warm here in Oregon (high 80s, low 90s every day) so I shy away from wearing anything too close to my body.  And this top has polka dots, which in my book count for something (possibly everything).

Today’s Takeaway?  Wear polka dots.  They are going to be huge this fall (according to Marie Claire) and they hide a multitude of sartorial sins (according to me).

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

13 comments:

  1. I think this works since you've got a defined waist, and staying cool has to count for something!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love the silhouette here, mostly because your waist is highlighted by the bright belt. I think it's lovely! And it's a great skirt length on you--makes your legs look a zillion miles long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pish Posh. You have DRAMA sleeves again, so who cares? (amusing side-note: every time I try to spell DRAMA on your blog, I totally misspell it at first. I also just misspelled the word misspell.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ALWAYS look lovely....but I'm completely with you. With a fuller skirt, I try to wear a more fitted top (as a rule). Otherwise, I feel like I look like an oversized box! I stinkin' LOVE those shoes!!! Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm... belt worn backwards... [fashion-theft being planned]

    I've been debating this week whether to buy a cute new dress with blue polka-dots -- thanks for persuading me to pull the trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loved when kendi did this and i love that you did it!! i would have never thought to wear a belt backwards, but it looks so great!!!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that way or wearting the belt, more colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with your shoe collection for the summer. You have so many great wedges and heels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that belt Gracey! It looks super cute backwards! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bring on the polka dots, I say! Second only to stripes. I see what you mean about the silhouette, but I think it works, because your waist is defined. And the belt is awesome, and that's an idea well worth stealing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love polka dots almost as much as I love leopard print. And I really think that because the skirt is longer and kinda more streamlined, the blousiness up top works, woman! You look fabulous, and loving the inspired by kendi reversed belt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I have that same belt! And love those shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).