Friday, August 26, 2011

Viva Los Orphans

I’m still in a “Holy crackers, it’s too hot and I can’t find anything to wear” sort of mood, in spite of the fact that we had a lovely thunderstorm last night which relieved at least a little of the heat.  When I’m in this mood, I’m completely dissatisfied with most of the clothes I usually love (except for these shoes, apparently) and find myself looking more towards my closet’s orphans.  Yesterday I wore an orphaned yellow skirt.  And today I’m wearing orphaned grey pants:



Yesterday’s orphan acquitted itself rather well, and I think today’s orphan is too.  These pants are years old and, like yesterday’s skirt, I think I’ve only worn them once.  Today though, I decided to pair the pants (Gap) with what appears to be my favorite white tank (Design History via Ross) and my increasingly ubiquitous blue platforms (MRKT via DSW).  I finished the look with some blue and white jewelry, including these earrings:

I didn't notice the rust before I posted this, but, I still like them.

I have no idea why I never wear these pants.  I even have a khaki version that I never wear either.  I think that they maybe used to be a little big for me?  Or I thought they did funny things to my thighs?  I don’t know.  They seem to be okay today though, so maybe I’ll give this pair another shot and maybe even try the khakis (maybe; they are khaki, after all).

I’ll end with my usual Friday advice: have a good weekend!  And also, try to stay cool and if you’re on the East Coast, stay safe!

Happy Friday, All!

Gracey

9 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for your nice comment. I think the pants look great, especially with a shirt the length your used for this outfit, and heels.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm...why have those pants only been worn once? They fit you beautifully!

    And you know I'm going to like the shoes...yay royal blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your blog, via Kari of The Chronicles of Lady K (cool lady). I'm enjoying your style so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love these pants and the fit is WONDERFUL! I'll be looking to see these again! You look GORGEOUS!!! Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have a (black) pair of those same Gap pants. I never really wear mine either, and I'm pretty sure I've donated them back already. (Still deep into the Great Purge, so I can't say for certain.) In my case, I didn't like the fit through the rise, although I liked everything else about them. Yours look GREAT on you, though, and I like how cool and put-together this outfit feels. Also, the rust on the earrings merely adds character!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog!

    Follow me if you like my blog and let me know it!
    I'll follow you back. :)
    zizi
    www.zizibloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos to you for putting together such a classy-looking outfit in the heat! Sometimes it's all I can do to stay clothed when it hits the highs here, much less look put-together. Love that shade of grey, I hope you keep wearing the pants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeps, love those shoes! so gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).