Saturday, August 20, 2011

Terra Cotta and Turquoise

I think I “borrowed” this color combination from either Ana at Better in Sepia or Dotty from Dash Dot Dotty.  Or it’s evidence of the collective conscience of personal style bloggers.  I saw we go with the latter because sometimes I like to keep up at least a pretense of originality.  In which case, I came up with this all on my own today:



Genius, no?  Well, perhaps not genius, but I think it’s a rather lovely color combination, however the idea came to me.  For this possibly-genius look, I paired my terra cotta jersey dress (Target) with a thin turquoise belt (Target), turquoise beaded necklace (rummaged), flat sandals (Target), Timex watch, a charm bracelet (Banana Republic) and a beaded bracelet (made by Mom).

Today’s Takeaway?  If you can’t remember where you got an idea, just cite the collective conscience of personal style bloggers.  It's (possibly) a real thing.

Have a lovely weekend, Everyone!

Gracey

7 comments:

  1. i love the terra cotta coloring.. perf for almost fall :)

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have been knocking your outfits out of the park lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet color! and to team it up with blue is very nice :)

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pinned this exact color combo this week! It looks lovely on you. That dress is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome color combo! You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! (Although, is it wrong that the first thing I thought when I saw this was, "Hey, I have a pair of underwear that color!"? I promise, it's not your fault I thought of underwear.) The combo really is great looking--I don't think I own any (other than underwear) clothing in the terra-cotta color, but you're making me think I'll have to remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, now that is an amazing (and unexpected!) color combo on you! Love the ensemble.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).