Friday, April 20, 2012

Citron and Gray


I should have called this post “Citron and Wrinkles” because, holy smokes, does this blouse get wrinkly.  And this is after I ironed it this morning:


 
I still love it though, wrinkles and all; I just think citron is such a sunny, pretty color.  Because it’s still not quite warm yet here, although I do believe this weekend will be gorgeous, I paired the blouse (Old Navy) with gray jeans (Gap).  Because it’s not exactly cold today either, I risked an open toe and wore studded wedges (Vince Camuto).  I added a silver fringe necklace (Jessica Simpson Collection via Macys) and my vintage turquoise-bracelet (Ray’s Ragtime).

Most importantly, however, is that today is Friday!  About which I am even more excited than usual.  I have random, tentative plans for this weekend that may or may not involve music (listening, not playing; don’t be silly), sewing (undoubtedly poorly), a dance workout (Club Dance?  I don’t even know, but I’m excited) and/or hiking.  Realistically though, I’ll probably do nothing but sit in the sun reading a book.  Because I’m lazy like that.

What about you, Reader Friends?  Any exciting plans?  Or will you be joining me on the HMS Lazy?

Whatever your plans (or lack thereof), have a wonderful weekend, Everyone!

Gracey

20 comments:

  1. I really, really support you in the possibility for laziness. It is one of my favorite hobbies. Love the yellow top. Jen at Suburb Experiment had this one acid yellow t on in a recent post and I can't stop thinking about it. Yellow, yellow, yellow....it must be Spring!

    www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

    p.s. If I owned a track suit of any color, you better Hong Kong believe I woulda worn it yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combination--gold and gray is my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this color is perfect on you and that's funny about your wrinkly comment, it looks like the type of shirt that would have wrinkles though. I really like how you wore it with grey jeans! Enjoy the 70's in Oregon this weekend too. :)

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you're not too busy, you could attend the slumber party we're having over at Rags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow is such a favorite of mine this season.Your weekend sounds exciting esp the sewing part.I'd love to see what you produced.But then going out or just lazing around is equally fun.OH well!Just enjoy and have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to join you on the HMS Lazy, but a ton of end-of-semester work makes that sound unlikely. :) I like the gray jeans and they look great with the citron top, regardless of wrinkles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty top. Not just the juicy color but also the stylish sleeves. And it goes perfectly with those pants.

    I love your blog. You inspire me on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great look, Gracey! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yellow and grey is a favorite of mine. LOVE!!!

    There might not be anything better than sitting in the sun and reading a book. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. who cares about wrinkles? that top is so lovely! the color is great on you, Gracey! Enjoy your restful weekend :)

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great outfit, love the color!

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely yellow! I'm uber picky about my yellows, but this shirt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely post: these shoots are great!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Win a $60 gift card to spend on The Quiet Riot

    ReplyDelete
  14. great look! i love those two colors together! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dance workout sounds like a blast...and I'm hugely into your turquoise bracelet, don't remember seeing it, but it's a BEAUTIFUL vintage piece!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your super thoughtful comment Gracey.
    You know I really don't think that's how 24 year olds behave. I think that's what a certain type of girl/woman behaves. But none of my girlfriends in their 20s or 30s would feel comfortable with either bathroom scenario.

    And yes, I found that sex scene really upsetting too. It was sad.
    But I guess we're both hooked. Let's chat again next week, k? :)

    xoxo
    ~Natasha Fatah~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm pretty proud of how wrinkly I tend to be, honestly. So I'm glad to see someone else rocking the wrinkles. (: I love that color on you, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that blouse too, and it's so annoying when things wrinkle the second you put them on.
    my weekend was a mix of very busy followed by very lazy (as in pjs until 5 pm lazy -haha)
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  19. Every day is a cruise on the HMS Lazy for me. When I can manage it, at least. Laziness is the greatest. Man, I gotta wear gray with something soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).