Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Double Dots


For some reason it’s hard for me to wear this sweater without pairing it with another printed piece.  Sometimes it’s more polka dots, sometimes it’s giraffes.  Today it’s more polka dots.  Again:



But, really folks, besides giraffes, what goes better with giant polka dots than smaller polka dots?  That’s right, nothing.  So smaller polka dots it is.  This time I paired my large dot sweater (Old Navy) with a  small dot dress (Coldwater Creek, thrifted) the collar of which isn’t crooked, it’s delightfully askew (I love that word).  And, because it rained off and on today but still wasn’t too cold, I wore bare legs (Two days in a row!  It’s practically summer up in this piece!) and nude Mary Jane wedges (Corso Como via Piperlime).  Oh, and hot pink earrings (Last Thursday vendor) because it’s also hard for me to wear navy blue without adding hot pink.

The skirt on this dress is a bit long but I haven’t decided if I’ll shorten it or not.  Instead, I just wore the last two buttons undone which is a trick I learned from Alexa Chung, of all people.  The the nude shoes and undone buttons help lengthen the legs which may have been shortened by the length of the skirt (the buttons make more sense in motion).

That’s right, I just advised you to wear your skirts unbuttoned.

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey
 

20 comments:

  1. I love the double dots, I do. One of the best pattern-mixing choices, for sure.

    Maybe you could leave the skirt long while midis are in fashion, and then freshen it up later on, by shortening it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, unbuttoning the skirt! I never would've thought of it. Navy looks so nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do the Polka so well. And blue and hot pink make a hot a** couple!

    Oh, and legs two days in a row??? Whatwhat?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the double dots!!!!!! So, so cute! :)

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    www.rachelslookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. I love to wear double dots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa... this must be the advanced class. I'm not smart enough to pair dots with dots. The shoes are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so adorable and smart! I don't know if I have two polka-dot items in my closet ..

    but would love to try this!

    oxo

    ML
    Twenty York Street
    www.twentyyork.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm loving the dots on dots! it's a brilliant idea and looks so fresh. i definitely gotta try this. i like the length of the skirt on you. you're lucky to be so tall because these lengths look amazing on you!!! and BTW, i think you should TOTALLY get the leopard skinnies. you would look great in them!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love polka dots too and this is such a great look. great look with the nude heels too ;-)

    ~nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the polkadots on polkadots!
    Must recreate! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit is amazing. You're the definition of chic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is dot overdose in a b-e-a-utiful way. I really like the combination.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  13. you can never have too many polka dots! or giraffes. or hot pink earrings. so what i am trying to say is that i love your outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes on the double polkas. Very cute. LOVE, as a matter of fact. I really like the length of the skirt and agree on the unbuttoning trickery.

    xoxo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, love the polka dots, this outfit is fab! :)
    p.s. brown sauce is kinda like a non sweet bbq sauce I guess...v British, goes with everything, especially toast and chips/fries. I think you get it in the foreign food part of Target for some extortionate price ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving your dots on dots style. Was that sweater a recent purchase? If I were you I'd leave the dress the length it is! I totally see where you're coming from, but sometimes it's nice to have a longer dress at the ready and this one is super flattering on you. Love!

    xo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ugh, Gracey. Why do you have to be so clever? Makin' me all look bad with my subpar polka dots! Well, TWO can play at that game. (Well, actually, two probably can't. You win this round, Giant!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so dang adorabel! I'd never think to mix two different polka dot pieces, but it really works! I love the shoes, too. So much cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  19. an awesome look! Sal is so right! You are a great mixer :)
    a new follower for sure!
    xXx
    Reva

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).