Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fade to Black

This outfit has lots of dots:


But, in my opinion, that’s not the interesting part; the interesting part is how it fades to black:


From top to bottom, I’m wearing navy, darker navy and finally black.  And the dots go from big dots, to smaller dots to no dots.  Did I just blow your mind?  I know.  Take a minute to recover and we’ll talk further.

You probably noticed that I don’t wear a lot of conceptual clothing.  I think about what to wear, but I don’t think about it.  But, today I did and I have to tell you that it thrills my nerdy little soul to no end to be wearing a concept as well as an outfit.  I’m not saying I’m going to do it all the time, but I think maybe I’ll try it again some time.  It really was a fun experiment.

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

16 comments:

  1. Great combination. So causual and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your ability to have a concept outfit without going overboard. I tend to get waaaaaay inside my head and then I have elaborate concepts that don't make sense to anyone but me.

    dreamofjeanne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your concept! I also like polka-dots, so I think you're definitely onto something awesome here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Conceptual outfits are pretty great, and this one especially so. You look almost as good as the Doppler Effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You, without fail, make me giggle at least once a post. And is that the sweater from Old Navy? Because I'm pretty jealous. I think it's adorable and wish I had made the drive into Tacoma to buy one.

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Concepts are fun to play with. This one works nicely. I like viewing fashion as a creative playground.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of concept fashion. I'd love to do a concept week or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice different size polka dots. gracey, i like the black fade.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. You look so lovely in your outfit! I love the big/little polka dot combo; what a clever use of patterns!

    2. We are honored to have made your whole week with our David Beckham post! It always feels good to make someone happy. Hope the rest of your week goes well!

    xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! Both the fade and obviously the polka-dots as well as the idea of concept clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am soooooooo nerdily excited by this too :D Love the way the polka dots "fade" away and it turns black!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Mah Gawd! This outfit is brillant :) You are rocking some mad polka dots - I looooove this outfit so much. I really need to get more dots in my closet <3

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, totally just scrolled up and down to go from no polka dots to big polka dots over and over again. You're awesome

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).