Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Floral, Repeat Aqua and Red


I’ve been wearing a lot of separates lately in an attempt to get through my closet, and the Land of Nosh Opping, more quickly.  Unfortunately, I’ve not been great about wearing different separates, which pretty much defeats the purpose.  But, I can’t help it, this sweater goes with everything.  Well, two things at least; my floral pants and this floral skirt:


Sorry for the fuzzy picture; I have no idea what happened.

Looking at these pictures, I realized that this is a super matchy-matchy outfit for me.  As you may have noticed, matching isn’t really my thing, but I like this because aqua and red are on opposite sides of the color wheel so I feel like I’m still the sartorial rebel I pretend to be in my head.  Today’s rebellious outfit consists of a vintage floral skirt (Jantzen, thrifted), my apparent favorite aqua sweater (Target) and red cork-soled wedges (Nordstrom).

From this outfit, I’ll be keeping the skirt and the sweater (of course) but I’m going to get rid of the shoes.  I think they’re cute, but I don’t ever wear them because the strap slips down my heel when I walk and it drives me crazy.  Sorry cute red wedges, but you’re gone.

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

17 comments:

  1. don't you hate it when cute shoes are ruined for you because of something like that? i love the whole outfit...perhaps some day you will find a perfect red shoe to match your perfect sweater!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? I was just thinking how much I loved those shoes on you! Dang slipping straps! How's the closet coming along? I have a large box of stuff I pulled out of mine to give away and I'm motivated to keep chugging along! So I fully support you getting rid of anything that's not awesome!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skirt!
    I am really enjoying this jaunt through your closet. You have such great taste -- even the stuff you're getting rid of looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!! But I wanna see the earrings close up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have seriously the happiest smile! Its contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh. Me, too. I was all "Wut?" when I read the shoes were going. But if they aren't comfortable, looks can't save 'em. Which is pretty much my motto on all clothes. As I really settle into middle age, I am absolutely unwilling to suffer (much) for beauty :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please, please, please tell me those are 8 1/2. I'll take those. Thank you very much! I'm with Lynne. It's got to be comfy these days. Hard to look gorgeous if one is constantly pulling and tugging at clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well i'm all about the matchy matchy, & the complementary colors on the color wheel, but good riddance to the sliding straps. bye-bye-bye :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing wrong with matching colors now and again. I think the skirt is darling - you can't beat a vintage floral skirt in my book. And too bad about those darling red wedges! But foot pain isn't worth it, no matter how cute the shoes might be - I agree!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I HATE it when the cutest shoes are just not wearable!! These are really nice looking. Hopefully someone can love them and wear them. When I have to donate something like that, I just trust that they'll find a good home. Your outfit is not matchy-matchy, just intentional!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree! I'm not too much into the matchy-matchy stuff! I like when it looks "different" and a little spunky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty- I really love the red paired with aqua and floral print- you already know how I feel about that :) I have a few pair of shoes like that but I get so attached, it's hard to let them go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see why you would want to wear this sweater a bunch, that color is fantastic! (And it looks quite amazing on you.) I really love all of these colors together, your bright wedges work so well with your sweater and the floral skirt throws a great print into the mix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this combo and the returning colours! Aqua with red? Who would have thought it looks so great! Pity that the sandals aren't working out for you...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute outfit--red & aqua are one of my favorite color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the skirt and shoes, and of course the matchymatchyness.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Boo for slidey heel straps. Especially on shoes that cute. That skirt is far too lovely too.

    You should start reserving the items you've already worn, until your closet is a hodge podge of separates that force you to be wearing neon pink and forest green and just own it own it own it. Because that's a reasonable expectation. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).