Friday, June 29, 2012

Loose and Lazy Stripes


I was out rather late last night for Last Thursday (I’ll post pictures tomorrow) so I just wanted to be comfortable today.  Hence this rather loose and lazy (slatternly?) outfit:



I layered a loose, striped tee (Target) over a loose, striped maxi dress (Gap), added flats (Target), a multi-colored scarf (Nordstrom) and a silver cuff (thrifted).  It was like wearing stripe-y pajamas, which is just what I needed after a late night of tipsy tomfoolery.  Seriously, this is so cozy and comfortable; I’m definitely keeping all of these pieces in The Giants Closet.

Happy Friday, All!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Gracey

12 comments:

  1. I think I might add a belt, but other than that, adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I was thinking, "how does Gracey think this outfit looks slutty?" I guess I was thinking of the less used way to use "slatternly." But it's not! It's very relaxed but very put together!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is completely how I got confused as well. APPARENTLY, not all people jump to the slut definition immediately (cough, Gracey, cough). Pajama outfits are my life's ambition.

      Delete
    2. Thirded--took my brain a minute to reengage and figured I must be misunderstanding, haha.

      Delete
  3. The scarf is a brilliant touch. Especially since you thought of it in a "relaxed" state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of those stripes! So chic.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stripes. You're making me see doubling patterns in a whole new way (like your double polka dot outfit)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this outfit. Love your hair like that.

    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit Gracey. I can't believe how wonderful the stripes look together. Comfy and styled beautifully. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'll be doing a variation of this on Tuesday for traveling--if pajama outfits are good anywhere, they must be excellent for plane rides.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey babe.. The type of stripes on the top really suit you!! hope you have a great weekend.. xo J

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am officially inspired to introduce my striped skirt to one of my striped shirts. And add an amazing scarf. Lovely look! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).