Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Birthday Owl

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROSEY!!!!

This is my older sister Rosey:


Today is her birthday and she is, hands-down the best big sister ever.  And yes, I will fight anyone who says differently.   She is only a year and a half older than me and we are as close in spirit as we are in age.  Not only did she teach me how to eat watermelon (off the floor, no less), she taught me how to properly rock an Afro:

I think those are candy cigarettes in my hand.  Probably.

I'm still working on the Afro and I usually don't eat while sitting on the floor, but I still value those lessons and everything else my sister has taught me in our more than 30 years together.

Happy Birthday, Rosey!!!  I love you!!!!

In other news, I'm dressed like an owl today:







I mentioned yesterday that I have a maybe slight, maybe more-than-slight, obsession with day dresses and this dress is one of the reasons why.  I absolutely adore the feather print and like to think the shape is pretty flattering on me.  Like many of my favorite day dresses, this one is vintage which I think makes it all the better.  And, I thrifted it for about $7.00, so really there is no downside.  I paired it with my owl belt (via Ross) and a similarly-toned metal cuff (thrifted).  I chose these shoes (Nine West via Nordstrom) because they are fairly modern which I hope kept this look from being too costume-y (owl belt aside).

Once again, it's my sister's birthday (hooray!!!) and I'm dressed like an owl.  That is all.

Gracey

15 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a fabulous belt! And it looks so great on that dress.

    Happy birthday to your sister! Anyone born in May is obviously awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress - the feather print is so unique. I have slight obsession with bird inspired fashion.

    happy birthday to your big sis!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is possibly the greatest synopsis of all time.

    On behalf of the blogosphere, please wish her a happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. $7 what a steal! i love day dresses too, theyre so whimsical. and happy bday to rosey, you guys look alike! i totally think we'd be friends in real life tooooo we could ride bikes and thrift :)

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your sister! She's so cute as a little girl eating watermelon off the floor :)

    I'm loving that feather dress, BTW. Sooooo cute. and yes, extremely flattering. you look fabulous in it and i love those adorable nine west shoes!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress on you! Hands down, you find the best thrifted items. That picture of you and your sister is adorable!! Happy Birthday to her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an awesome dress! Great find! Happy birthday to your sister - love the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday rosey! and what a wonderful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're a knockout in that dress, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look lovely in that dress!!! Happy birthday to your sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, being that the owl is the official mascot for Northeast chic and that my Birthday is also May 24th like your sisters, I could not love this post anymore.

    You look beautiful in that thrifted dress, as you always do for that matter.

    Happy Birthday Rosey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post and also the mini-wrap up at the end. :) Yay for wonderful sisters and dressing like smart good-lookin' animals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to agree with everyone else - You rock that dress! It looks great on you!

    It is also so great to have such a close sibling. hope she had a wonderful day. May is a great time for a birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday Rosey! Love that owl belt. What is a day dress? I never heard that term before? It does look great on you, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).