Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Basic Posh Ross

Daily Outfit for Wednesday, May 18, 2011

This is probably the least original post I have ever done.  I really can’t take credit for anything in it.  I feel like the outfit is a Basic Cravings knock-off (she’s fabulous at pairing brights), I blatantly stole the first pose from Posh Spice (or, if you insist, Victoria Beckham) and I feel like the hair is edging out towards 1970s Diana Ross territory.  I have no excuses; all I can do is thank those lovely ladies for the inspiration.





In truth, I have wanted to try color blocking brights for awhile now, but the weather wouldn’t cooperate and I really wasn’t sure it was something I could pull off.  I also wasn’t sure I had the right pieces in my closet; but, then, a couple of weeks ago, I thrifted this blueish-purple (blurple?) Nieman Marcus skirt.  I decided to pair it with my bright pink silk blouse (Banana Republic) and my Mary Jane wedges (Corso Como).  I added a thin studded belt (Old Navy), a charm bracelet (Banana Republic), failed to brush my hair and there you have it; Basic Posh Ross.

Also, thank you all for supporting my face – I think Sue hit the nail on the head when she said I’m just looking at it too much and it’s lost all meaning, like when you write a word too often.  That’s right, MY FACE HAS NO MEANING.  In less shout-y news, I was totally right about pencil skirts and bike riding – it’s a terrible idea.   I have to say, though, that the trouble was less with the actual riding and more with getting on the bike.  I swear my dog was laughing at me from the yard as I struggled to get on.  I’m just glad he has a good sense of humor.

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

14 comments:

  1. Its true. Bike+pencil skirt =awkward. For me its the dismount. Last year I ripped the back slit of my favorite black pencil skirt an extra 6 inches while trying to gracefully step down (Read: not fall on my face) from a still slightly moving diamond frame cruiser. And then I felt naked all day. Fail.

    I love the colors here! You look so fresh and pretty and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors here....You look great in colorblocked brights and that pencil skirt looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracey, I have been watching the unraveling of colour-blocking for the entire spring in fashion magazines, thinking that I didn't see the point of the whole trend. But you put me in my place with this outfit! I LOVE these two colours together. You look smashing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracey you look marvelous darling. I feel like I have literally watched you blossom into a beautiful butterfly since I 1st found your blog. You are really really steppin up your game with each post! This is my fave outfit so far! I love you in that skirt and pairing it with a coral/pink top and nude shoes is PERFECTION! LOVE IT! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracey you look so wonderful in this outfit! The colors are great and I'm jealous of your thrifted blurple skirt.

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like this! The skirt is awesome. I love the little pleats around the waist. Biking in a pencil skirt is indeed awkward. I'm pretty sure that I flashed my underthings at an entire German village once, trying to bike in a pencil skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this sint unoriginal silly! i love the pink and blue, its so unexpected!
    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your take on color blocking, lady!

    And yoiks, sorry to hear about the pencil skirt/bike mishap. Not a good pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. love this post.. yes pencil skirts and bikes.. well unless you ride sitting
    sideways on the bike but you would need someone else to pedal!! love this color combo on you alot.. very vibrant and pretty!!! havent been around for while.. have been taking some time off.. is very relaxing for a change :)
    xoxo J

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty and makes your face glow. I can't believe that azaleas are still blooming in Oregon so I now understand why you wanted to wait for warmer weather. Ours bloom in February or March (I think).

    ReplyDelete
  11. did you try a clothes pin to hold your skirt together at the bottom while you ride? Although I must say, the clothes pin won't help for mounting the bike. That, my friend, is a test unto its own.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome look :) Love the colours and cut of your blouse. hehe cycling in pencil skirts is such a pain. I always end up perched on the saddle precariously wondering if I am stretching the material in an odd way.. I usually end up cycling standing up all the way to work which is more of a work out than I am used to..

    ReplyDelete
  13. the face thing cracks me up! i worked in a sign shop for years, try making 47 STOP signs - it starts to look really super strange along lunch time~!

    i love your pic in front of the flowers - so pretty and brings out that great pink! steph

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).