Tuesday, May 31, 2011

On Safari

Daily Outfit for Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I feel like this is what I would wear if I were going on safari.  I know khaki pants would be more practical; if for no other reason than they'd keep tsetse flies from biting my nethers.  However, I promise you all that I do NOT look good in khaki pants.  So, a khaki skirt it is:

I paired the linen skirt (Jones New York via Macy’s) with a leopard cardigan (Ann Taylor), my Born Crown riding boots (via Nordstrom), studded belt (Michael Michael Kors via Nordstrom) and blue scarf (H&M).  I’m not sure how well the blue scarf fits in with the safari theme, but I really like this blue with brown and think it’s sort of fun with the animal print.

Even though this skirt is sort of an awkward length – I think it could stand to be a little shorter or a little longer – it is super for riding a bike in.  Enough length and volume so that it doesn’t fly up and frighten schoolchildren.  And it has pockets.  I’m a bit of a sucker for pockets, I think.  I find myself wanting pockets on everything.  But only if there are two pockets; I don’t understand the point of single pockets.  I’m not talking kangaroo pockets, I’m talking just one pocket on the left or right side.  I mean, really?  Does only one hand get cold?  Am I only going to want to fill one pocket with pretty pebbles and Masai trinkets?  (Just so we’re clear, the answer to both of those questions is no).

I guess I should have called this post "On Safari With Two Pockets: Just The Way I Like It: The Fashion for Giants Story."  I smell a Lifetime movie, folks.

Happy Tuesday, All!



  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. We'd need two pockets of tissues for that Lifetime movie... the list just keeps growing, doesn't it?!

    This is a lovely, lovely safari look... the blue helps you blend in with the sky! (?)

    It's trickier for the animals to see you, that way. ;)

  3. I Love Love Love this outfit....that cardi is so great on you! I also agree that kacki pants are not the most flattering...I have never found a pair that I like.

  4. This post made me giggle. I am with you on the 2 pockets thing. Pockets keep me from leaving my keys on my desk and locking myself out of my office. Awkward.
    Also, this outfit is awesome. I love it!!!

  5. Pockets!!! Hooray! True story: I get really cranky when my dresses don't have pockets. The end.

    I think the length on that skirt is actually really flattering.

  6. I just saw a show with a flowy skirt and boots paired together. I kept thinking if it weren't so damb hot that would be aweomse. I was right because it looks great on you. I think the blue scarf keeps everything from being too neutral or monochromatic but it is one of my favorite shades of blue.

  7. It's a good thing Oregon doesn't have tsetse flies, because this is a great outfit and the skirt is a really nice length on you.


Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).