Friday, February 17, 2012

At a Loss for Words

I’m pretty much at a loss for words regarding today’s outfit.  Not because it’s bad or anything, I just don’t have much to say about it.  So, I’m going to ramble on about some other things until I get tired.  First though, the clothes; this is a personal style blog after all:



See?  I wore a completely unsurprising combination of leggings (Ross), a tunic (Gap) and a sweater (wool, thrifted).  Even the addition of a cashmere scarf (Nordstrom) and riding boots (Vince Camuto via Nordstrom) isn’t that exciting.  But, it was warm and comfortable and these boots are finally (finally!) getting broken in.

Now, for the rambling.  First of all, I just finished the book “Iodine” by Haven Kimmel and I gotta tell you, folks, I just don’t know.  I think maybe it made me mad.  Has anyone else read it?  If so, let’s talk.

Second, The Walking Dead is back on AMC and I am thrilled.  I thought Sunday’s episode was good and I no longer think Rick is as ill-suited for the post-apocalyptic world as I originally thought he was.  I was sort of on Team Shane before, thinking his brutality was better suited for a world inhabited by the walking dead but now I think he might just be a sociopath.

Third, I have a super fun, totally awesome weekend planned.  I am going to be spending Saturday with my bestie Jodee and Sunday, I finally (finally!) get to meet Kelsey from Charming Pumpkin!!!  I anticipate shenanigans.

Fourth, it’s a three day weekend!!!!!  (The exclamation points indicate how very excited I am by the prospect of NOT coming to work on Monday).

Finally, Happy Friday, Everyone!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Gracey

24 comments:

  1. Great boots! And enjoy your weekend - it sounds like a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at shenanigans. Have a great weekend!

    www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rambling! Thanks for the book idea. That print makes the whole thing pop, and my first thought was "cozy". Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE The Walking Dead and I have to admit to a hardcore crush on Shane but Rick is definitely a better person! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gracey, it sounds like you're going to have a weekend full of fun! :) i like the all black with the hint of patterned black & white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huh, just looked that book up on Amazon, since I hadn't heard of it, and now I'm intrigued. As a general thing, I LOVE unreliable narrators, but I sense this might not be such a great book, from what you say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute outfit. It looks comfortable and fashionable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're gonna meet Kelsey?! *wordless squeal* I can't wait to see any pictures you take together! I frequently ramble on about whatever's on my mind if I don't have anything to say about the clothing, so I am in favor of this format. I haven't read Iodine, but I'll be sure to look it up if I wanna get mad. (P.S. I love what you do with sweatshirts--so cozy, but stylish!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep hearing about this show, but I haven't checked it out yet.
    your outfit is cute :) Reminds me that I need new leggings!

    Enjoy your weekend plans!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tunic- what an adorable pattern! My bf is obsessed with "Walking Dead"- I think it would be too scary for me! Have a great long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look ready for anything...have a happy extended weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i liek this outfit, sometimes neutrals and black/white are a relief!

    Xo,
    steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love The Walking Dead! Great show. Black leggings, a tunic and boots are always a winning combo. I think you look great!

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the black riding boots. i have been meaning to get a pair for ages. seriously, ages. and yet......

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, I know what you mean about sometimes not having a single thing to say! You recovered from it nicely. (: That outfit looks perfect to tackle the weather we've been having lately.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You don't really need to say anything because your outfit says it all. I like your subtly chic outfit, the monochrome colors are classic and stylish. The cute scarf finished the look nicely. And your beautiful smile is the best accessory for this outfit. Have a fun week!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so lucky to have today off! I love your boots! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute! Love the little bit of peekaboo pattern underneath.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore this entire outfit!!!! That sweater is perfection!!! PERRRRRFECTION!!!! PS I'm pretty sure were style blog opposites! Shorts and Talls represent :) Xo Lori

    ReplyDelete
  20. I get what you mean, but I really like this outfit. It is chic and comfortable. I feel like I am looking at myself.....but taller! ahaha

    Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. yay for blogger meetups! I hope you had an awesome time!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like your skirt. Such a pretty pattern. I LOVE the Walking Dead. It's such a fantastic show, and Shane is totally a sociopath. I hope that your meetup with Kelsey went well. Pictures??
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute and comfy! Love it. (:


    Check out my blog & follow? (:
    onceuponasprinkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).