Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It’s the Boots

Something is off about this outfit, which, yes, once again, I didn’t realize until I saw the pictures.  And I never thought I’d say this, but it’s the boots:



They’re wrong for this.  Yes, they’re right for 90% of my outfits, but they’re wrong for this outfit.

At least I think it’s the boots.  I mean, I like everything else about this outfit.  I like the butterscotch sweater (thrifted) combined with the mauve skirt (vintage, thrifted) and the grey tights (Hue via Macy’s).  And of course I love the polka dot (!) bow tie (silk, thrifted).  But, I’m not sure the boots are right.

I think I’ll wear this outfit again next week, provided our not-too-cold-and-surprisingly-not-rainy weather holds, with different shoes and we’ll see if it is, indeed, the boots.  Or, if I'm just being hard on myself because this cold is kicking my heinie and I've lost all perspective.

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!  Maintain perspective!

Gracey

13 comments:

  1. Ah I love those boots, reckon they go with everything! (ps I've already seen How Do You Know - not sure how 3 fab actors managed to make a movie that bad...) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're being too hard on the outfit, but then again, I adore and envy those boots. I like butterscotch and mauve together; I NEVER would've thought of pairing them, but it's very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could wear those bright blue booties you have to keep the colors going from head to toe. I think it would look cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you mix it up. One day bright white and electric blue, and then the next day these gorgeous muted tones. Mustard and rose. Really beautiful.

    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I definitely think you're being hard on yourself because I think you look absolutely lovely! I like the mustard and mauve...and may I say, I LOVE THAT SKIIRT! Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  6. The boots are phenomenal- maybe you'd like this outfit more with black boots as they'd match your polka dotted bow tie? Butterscotch and mauve- yes such a pretty colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right about the boots. I'm impressed at how well the sweater and skirt colors work together. I'd never have put them together. I lack your imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it funny how much you learn about style from taking your own outfit photos? I'm still uncomfortable doing it, but it really helps me see what works - and what doesn't. I have "before" pics I haven't posted, because I'm going to re-style my mistakes...lol. I love those boots, too, but you're right, I think booties to allow more tights showing might have been the way to go with the length of the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this color combo Gracey. Sorry you feel that way about the boots. You still look great in everything you put together...seriously. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo I am jonesing for Nordstrom rack right now...thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wearing suede shoes EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Just because I can. :) I like the outfit but I can see what you mean about the boots. Maybe something a little shorter.

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you're being hard on yourself because these boots don't look bad with this outfit! It would also look really cute with some flats when it's warmer out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gracey, I actually think the boots look fantabulous! I love the color of that jumper too!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the whole look but your right the boots are a little off. Love them in general and you look beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).