Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tangerine Love

I may have mentioned once or twice; okay, okay, several times, how excited I am that Pantone named Tangerine Tango as it's color of the year.  I know it's generally considered more of a summer color, but I think it works well for cooler weather as well and I set out to prove that point yesterday:



In my humble opinion; point proven.  I like the tangerine sweater (Gap) with the gray A-line skirt (Banana Republic) and the plum tights (Hue).  And the wrinkles; I'm totally owning those bad boys.  In addition to unplanned (but still loved) wrinkles, I also wore a tassel pendant (Old Navy), a studded belt (Michael Michael Kors via Nordstrom) and riding boots (Born Crown "Sosie" via Nordstrom). 

What do you think, Reader Friends?  Does tangerine work for winter?

Gracey

16 comments:

  1. Tangerine TOTALLY works for winter, as evidenced with this gorgeous ensemble. I think why this works is the mix of tangerine and gray, with brown accents. Love that belt and necklace, by the way. Looking snazzy, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! Proof is in the above photos! It goes well with more muted shades. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this look and it's inspired me to create something with the same colors but in a slightly different silhouette from my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look! The tangerine looks wonderful with the gray and browns. I like how you added purple tights, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tangerine: great word, great color. Tangerine definitely works for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful color for you, Gracey! And the whole look is great, incl those awesome riding boots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Love the necklace, too - the perfect final touch for a great ensemble :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tangerine and plum...hmmm, two fruits that I would never have thought mixed! (Hah, see what I did there?) Anyway, I love the mix of color! It's really subtle, but at the same time fun and quirky. :]]] I would have to say that one of my favorite go-to professional outfits is a bright top and a neutral pencil skirt. Loving it! :]]]

    -Z
    zplustheworld.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does it work for YOU for winter? Yes. Does it work for me ever? Absolutely not. I can't make anything in the orange family suit me, so I'll admire from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely! Brights in winter are ALWAYS a good idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can never figure out how to rock my plum colored tights. I tend to go either really bright or neutral. But you've given me some great inspiration! I'm loving the tangerine too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES! I love tangerine so I'm super excited about this 2012 color! This outfit is one of my favorites of yours, Gracey!!! I love the color combo and the 70s style the Aline skirt and boots lend! And the tassel necklace! Love love love :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great it that outfit. The color of the top really compliments you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've worn tangerine this winter. I like your look...especially the necklace.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).