Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ssssssssssnake


Today I am wearing snake and what are quite possibly my thighs’ all time favorite jeans:



Seriously, my thighs love these jeans so much they are considering giving them an honorary doctorate in Humanities from the University of Thighastan; or, at the very least, throwing them a parade on Sunday.

Even my booty loves them:


This is especially nice because, frankly, it’s rare when my thighs and my booty agree on anything.  I won’t go so far as to say it’s the beginning of a political thaw between The People’s Republic of Thighastan and The Commonwealth of Bootyland, but maybe…

Enough politics though, let’s talk clothes.  The jeans are the Dark Wash Welt Pocket Flare Jeans  from Banana Republic, where they are currently on sale here.  Even on sale, they are still not inexpensive, but you can get an additional 20% off through the 1st, if you’re interested.  I paired these glasnost-inspiring jeans with a snake-print silk blouse (New York Design Company, thrifted), a black belt (Nine West) and black wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime).  And I even added some accessories, such as a brass-and-crystal pendant (Special Portland), earrings (Nikki Jacoby Jewelry via Crafty Wonderland) and bangles (Nordstrom).

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

Gracey

P.S. If you’re wondering about length, BR says these have a 37” inseam, but I’m wearing 3 ½” wedges and these still almost touch the floor.

19 comments:

  1. Snake greatness with the high waisted booty jeans! haha I love it!

    Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an older version of these jeans from BR...and they are well-loved by my waist and butt/thighs, which usually quite a point of contention. I don't know how BR does it...but these jeans manage to fit all the way around my lower half while still fitting my silly-small waist. Don't you just love clothes that fit so snug and comfy?

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thrifted shirt! I love a good snakeskin print. And yay for great-fitting, figure-flattering jeans! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with that top! Such a great print!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is fabulous! I am now officially tempted by those jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh gracey, you are very creative with your words, fun girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mid-section politics make me laugh Gracey. I might need to try these pants out because my backside and thighs are often at war, too! Thanks for making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And now I get to congratulate *you* on an excellent pair of jeans. The fit is clearly superb, and I love the pockets. Awesome snake shirt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every woman needs the perfect pair of trouser jeans, no matter what cost. Well, maybe not that last part :P

    I love snake skin, love it. Very chic outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gracey--the jeans ARE a great fit! But the blouse is the very thing I've been hunting for in the thrifts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. University of Thighastan- haha love it! They fit you like a glove- very sexy fit and the snakeprint is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I say throw the parade...a peace treaty between those two parties is something to celebrate!

    (Thanks for making ME laugh with your comment on my post today!) =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My calves and booty are almost always at odds with one another. They are going to send a small group of peacemakers to your side of the city to learn how to play nice, okay? In all seriousness, though, I dig this simple but fun look. Lookin' pretty hot there, miss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh boy do I know how you feel! It's such a wonderful thing when you find a great pair of jeans. When that happens to me, I buy two so I have a back-up if something happens to the first pair!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your smile.
    You are looking lovely in this outfit !

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is hilarious.... political detente!

    my thighs and booty are also on tenuous terms; sigh.

    oh, if you end up rocking a brooch and lbd for the weekend, post some pictures! i would love to see your take.

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it amazing how a great pair of jeans makes one feel? I got a pair (Code Bleu skinnies) a month ago and they make me feel like a hot 24 year old (I am actually 49). The thighs, booty and snugness around my calves make me feel like a blue jean goddess. Those jeans and my black 3/4 sleeve, rayon t-shirt, I am unstoppable!

    You look MAHVELOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Giiiirl, your booty DOES love those jeans. Werk it.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).