Monday, March 19, 2012

Pattern and Texture


This is an outfit that I wish had photographed a little bit better because it gets its interest not from color, but from pattern and texture:



Really, the only color I’m wearing is the rose-colored skirt (thrifted and taken up).  Otherwise, the outfit is just shades of black, gray and cream.  But, there are stripes on the sweater-blazer (Halogen via Nordstrom) and polka dots on the tights (Target).  And there are different textures with the skirt, the blazer, the lace top (Limited) and the leather boots (Gap).  I think all of the different textures, along with the mix of patterns, make the outfit deceptively complex.  At the same time though, it’s a pretty easy outfit, which is nice for a Monday.

Again, it’s one that I really liked and I just wish the photographs showed it better.

Happy Monday, All!

Gracey

P.S. For you Walking Dead watchers, I think The Violet Reaction’s comment in my last post is absolutely correct.  Then again, I haven’t seen last night’s show yet…

16 comments:

  1. I am so tempted by the thought of a sweater blazer. (I have so many Shoulder Issues with more structured blazers, i.e., if they fit my shoulders, they just hang practically everywhere else.) Having now seen one on you, you statuesque beauty, I am tempted even more.

    Pink and grey is such a great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE a sweater blazer! And a striped one with cute little buttons? Envy. With pink, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the mix of textures..and I LOVELOVELOVE the color of the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeeeks i have those target polka dot tights. arent they SO comfy!?


    Xo,
    steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a pleasure to "meet" another giant. (Im 6'1) I will enjoy seeing what you are wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can see the polka dots. I love these knit blazers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gracey, I really love this outfit. I think it's my favorite of yours ever! that blazer is really sweet and even sweeter is that cute rose skirt!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice. I love the textures of fabrics. We pay too little attention to that aspect of clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't play with texture enough, but I think it's such a great way to build an interesting outfit without going overboard. :) It's great how you let your rose skirt shine amongst the whites and grays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gracey I love your blazer! I also love how much of your wardrobe is thrifted! I wish we could go to salvation army on 50 percent off day together!

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is completely gorgeous...looooving the subtle mix of patterns...those tights are so cute! And the proportions are great too, I like the length of skirt with those boots and the blazer over that particular skirt.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tights... And the subtle colours. This broken salmon colour is perfect with grey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gracey, you are so Gorgeous!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect pink skirt. So cute. And the polka dot tights are lovely too.
    www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That blazer is so cute and unique! I love those little pop pieces that you can mix into any wardrobe.

    -Z
    zplustheworld.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it photographed just fine! It looks great. I like your pairings here ... very cool. I also had those same tights (except mine were black and not gray :-) I was very bummed when I ripped them.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).