Friday, March 9, 2012

Shades of Black and Blue

I’m wearing at least three different shades of both black and blue in this outfit:



My ass is a total attention-whore in this skirt (and sort of in general).

As you can see, the sweater (Jones New York via Ross) is a different shade of black than the leggings (Target) which is a different shade of black than the boots (Chinese Laundry via Piperlime).  And the skirt (Target) has navy and turquoise stripes, but I went ahead and added a cobalt scarf anyway (H & M).  So, yeah, I’m wearing three different shades of each color.  But, I’m pretty sure that’s what makes it work. 

Seriously, if your blacks, or your blues, don’t match, embrace it.  Then everyone thinks it’s intentional and not a case of “I swear, it looked good in the dark.” 

Or you can wear rhinestone jewelry and then nobody pays attention to your outfit anyway:


I didn’t actually wear the rhinestones to detract from my outfit though.  I’m wearing them because I’m going to happy hour after work with my friend Jenny and Lori.  And because the sun is out today and I like the sparkle.

Happy Friday, Everyone!  Have a wonderful weekend!!

Gracey

23 comments:

  1. Cute look! I like all those pretty bracelets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I LOVE this, that skirt is from Target? Recently? It's really cute and I love the scarf too! Have fun at happy hour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh pretty sparklies! And I'd argue that the different shades add complexity to the look :) For realz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whole look here is adorable. Those bracelets are super fun! Maybe tonight I'll bust out some rhinestones to go to dinner, consider me inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it works! they all go together to me, & that jewelry makes me happy just looking at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is awesome and I didn't even notice the different shades of black. I was too distracted by that amazing skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That azz! It looks great in that skirt. You look hot today Gracey, it will be a very happy hour. Gorgeous outfit. Great skirt length and style. Have a great weekend Gracey. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Your butt is a thing of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, sparkling sun, jewellery and wine. :) A great start to the weekend!

    I love monochrome outfits, as you can tell from my blog. :) Love your skirt and it really suits you and your bum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how the blues pop out from the rest of the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay for sparkles! love the blue striped skirt and the black! i love the color combo, it's no longer just for bruises :)

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i've found that various hues of the "same" color also works well if the textures are different, like your knit sweater and the leggings.

    that skirt is great; looks awesome!

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That rhinestone bracelet looks really gorgeous...love the vintage jewelry look so much better than most modern pieces! Haha, my butt and thighs are always competing for attention...totally understand how that goes. This skirt makes you look really fabulous though, if you ask me--it's good attention!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Attention whore ass eh? The best kind! ;) LOVE the striped mini skirt and your arm jewels are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gracey I really love your take on getting dressed. I dont want to fret over the small stuff when getting really in the morning, it should be fun! Like the sparkle on your wrist!

    -nico

    www.SatinAndSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of your arm sparkle! This is such a cute look. I love the sweater and fitted stripe skirt. The sweater is the perfect length for that skirt.

    Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice colors, great photos. I love your blog!

    Love,
    Monica

    www.monicakwok.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never would have noticed the different shades of black because I look at the whole outfit and it all works great together. I'm a little envious you can wear that kind of stretchy skirt because it's so cute! I'm about to leave for work and you reminded me I forgot to put on bracelets. Off to accessorize!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think that skirt is so great with the blue scarf. I wouldn't quite know how to wear it but this looks perfect with the black. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).