Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Butterscotch and Mauve: Take Two


Last time I wore this outfit, the proportions were off:


At the time, I blamed it on the boots, but it wasn’t entirely their fault.  It was the combination of the boots and the skirt.

Now, I’m the first to admit that I don’t always pay attention to proportion.  Looking at my pictures, I think I sometimes treat this is a personal smile blog instead of a personal style blog.  Which is fine, I like to smile (obviously, I guess), but I do also like style.  So, this time around, I shortened the skirt and remixed the outfit with different shoes:



A close up of the tights

And, I think it worked.  It’s still a color combination I love; it’s just also now an outfit that I love.  I kept the same butterscotch sweater (thrifted) and paired it with the same mauve skirt (thrifted and now hemmed).  I added the same gray Swiss dot tights (Hue via Macys) and the same silk bow tie (thrifted).  But, this time I wore burgundy pumps (Naya “Jada” via Nordstrom) instead of boots; which, along with the shortened skirt, made all the difference.


Also, it snowed today in Oregon.  A lot.  My friend Kathy said it was a sign of the impending apocalypse.  I heard “zombie apocalypse” and made this face:


And with that, I wish you all a Happy Wednesday!

Gracey

14 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful color combo! Your last picture is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retro chic and lovely gracey. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man, I love Swiss dot so much. I liked this outfit the first time around, but I do think the current version is an improvement. Smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the shorter length on your skirt! And the tights are just awesome.

    My husband is really into talking about the zombie apocalypse :) We have long discussions about it, in which I try to explain to him that it won't ever happen. I think he needs to start watching "The Walking Dead," although that may just increase his obsession with zombies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirt length is perfect! I like those tights, too. The texture must be great in "real life"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your amendments definitely worked. I think my favorite aspect, though, is the combination of your tights and shoes!

    Btw...thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit and the tights. Jealous of your adorable umbrella.

    http://myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so excited about the zombie apocalypse! Those tights are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, loving it with those shoes! Although I really love those boots too, they're a great color!!
    Sarah
    www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I love your "Wow!!" face! =) I'm also loving the color combo and the hemmed skirt! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable umbrella and tights!
    I can't believe we have to wait all the way until fall to watch the rest of Walking Dead!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were right--the shorter skirt makes ALL the difference. If only I had a smile like yours...

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks soo much cuter with the tights and pumps. Loving the color on you and really like the little dotted details!!

    Anja
    A Heart and Soul Story Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha you and your adorable faces! I understand what you mean about proportions though - I always seem to forget to take one last glance in the mirror and think of how the outfit looks on ME, not just as an outfit. Like the changes you made!

    -Z
    zplustheworld.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).