Friday, February 8, 2013

Cozy Hearts and Stripes



It was very cold on my ride in today, so I bundled up in cozy hearts and stripes:



This heart scarf (Betsy Johnson via Nordstrom) really is super cozy:


 And not to terribly twee (I don’t do twee very well).

I wore the scarf with a striped tee (Old Navy) layered under an anorak (Liz Claiborne via Goodwill) and added black skinnies (a.n.a via JC Penney) and boots (thrifted via Goodwill).

It was simple and warm and perfect for a cold, foggy morning.

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Gracey

Shop the Look:
Betsy Johnson scarf (I couldn't find this exact scarf online at Nordstrom.com; I bought mine on clearance in the store.  The one I linked to is the same scarf, but in cream with gold hearts (Ebay)).
Similar long-sleeve tee
Similar jacket
a.n.a skinny jeans
Similar boots

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

21 comments:

  1. This look is wonderful! It is simple without being boring - lovely! You just look so cozy and comfy!

    theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Betsey Johnson's scarves - and this whole look. Hearts and stripes forever : >

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute scarf! I love the print. I don't do twee too well either, I tend to look very childish, something I'm not! Love your jacket, very cool. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look on you. You scarf is adorable and I can def. see why you choose it for your comfy outfit. I can't believe you are still riding your bike! brrrr

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great. I love your smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute scarf! I love the hearts and stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're looking urban cool here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hearts + stripes looks great! I think the neutral color palette keeps this on the side of sophisticated instead of twee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple, stylish, neutral and cool - made extra special by your killer smile, Gracey! Stay warm and have a fabulous weekend. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very stylish. I love that striped sweater and that wonderful scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate twee, too, but when you're short, it sometimes happens accidentally. You're my hero; I can't even stand outside for photos for a few minutes in the winter.

    As always, you look so pretty and pulled together. Love your hair, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always look fantastic in skinny jeans - and these boots are great with them. Lovely striped sweater as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice, Gracey! I think the chunkiness of the scarf avoids any twee-ness risk.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a very sleek outfit. Love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent combination - you rock the casual-but-so-put-together, and even (allergic) I heartily approve of those hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you say anorak! And anything Betsey Johnson is fab in my books and I love this heart scarf (which is pretty toned down for her style!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That scarf is too cute! You look so cozy all wrapped up! This is the kind of outfit I like to wear on Fridays too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hehe, one needs some sort of innate characteristic to do twee. I'm glad you're among those who don't have that innate something. :D

    I love this monochrome look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. stripes and hearts!
    what a great combo
    hope your weekend was delightful
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ugh that scarf. I'm obsessed. You look stunning friendy! Hearts n Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I wish my cold was your cold, I'm so sick of wearing winter boots and a thick coat, bring on the Spring!!! This is a fantastic outfit, you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).